Drop everything, flights to New Zealand are now $329 for one day only
Fly on Air New Zealand for a steal in this flash sale.
Flights across the Tasman have taken a huge tumble courtesy of Air New Zealand and for a very limited time, you can score return flights starting from $329 from four Aussie cities.
The cheapest fare will get you from Melbourne to Auckland from $329 return.
You can also score flights from Brisbane, Sydney and Gold Coast. Sample fares include Sydney to Christchurch from $336, Melbourne to Wellington from $349, Gold Coast to Auckland from $374 return and Brisbane to Queenstown from $425.
Being a flash sale, you'll have to be quick off the mark to grab one of these fares as the promotion ends today, 12 April 2019.
On the upside, flights are for select dates between 14 October and 10 December, so you have plenty of lead time to sort out all your other travel necessities. You've also got 23kg of checked baggage included so you don't have to skimp on the essentials.
To book, head to Flight Centre before midnight to make sure to secure your seat.
How good are these fares?
- Price: Good. A previous flash sale had flights to Auckland with Air New Zealand starting from $238 return so this isn't the cheapest we've ever seen. These are currently the cheapest fares available so if the dates suit, you're on to a good deal.
If you're interested in a seat-only fare without the checked bag, then we suggest doing a quick search for your dates on Skyscanner or via Air New Zealand direct as we've found some routes are running as much as $40 cheaper.
- Airline: Great. Air New Zealand is considered one of the best airlines in the Asia/Pacific region. These fares also include a checked bag making it easier to pack what you need. Wine anybody?
- Travel time: Great. Most flights are direct while a few routes include a stopover in Auckland.
- Weather: Good. You've got two months of dates to work with but they fall just outside of the ski season and just before the weather really starts to warm up. Spring is a great season for hiking in New Zealand and from November you can include some visits to local wineries in your itinerary.
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?
- 10 most popular travel destinations for Australians in 2021
- South Australia reopens border with NSW: What to know before you go
- Queensland reopens its borders to select NSW areas: Here’s what you need to know
- WA travel vouchers: Who qualifies for the $1 million in free travel?