Why you need the Dr. Martens Pride Month 2020 capsule
Find out when and where you can get your hands on this quirky pair of rainbow-stitched Dr. Martens.
Pride Month, which occurs in June, is weeks away and we cannot wait to see all of the quirky fashion and beauty collections that come with it. One of our favourites that delivers every single year is Dr. Martens.
The brand has decided to re-imagine the classic 1460 boots with a totally cool rainbow version.
What's more, the brand is also donating US$25,000 to the LGBTQ+ charity, The Trevor Project. Unsure of what it does? It's one of the world's largest suicide prevention organisations, specifically for LGBTQ+ youth.
The Dr. Martens x Pride Month collection is a subtle take on the rainbow flag of the Pride movement – and we are absolutely obsessed. It's constructed with a black leather upper and a treaded rubber sole. Rainbow stitching follows across the upper, as well as on the heel loop. To finish it off, a micro Pride flag sits on the lateral heels.
The 1460 boots also come with an extra set of rainbow laces, so you can really customise them to fit your preference.
If you want to rock a pair of Pride-inspired Dr. Martens, but still want something wearable enough for everyday, then this is the way to go. The subtle rainbow stitching means that these are a total investment... right?
When and where you can shop
Keen to get your hands on a pair? Oh boy, have we got some good news for you.
The shoes retail for approximately $270 which is pretty much the standard price for a pair of Dr. Martens.
- Top 2021 Halloween Costumes from Squid Game to Harry Styles at the Grammys
- Party Time: THE ICONIC are flogging 30% off hundreds of items for their 10th bday
- It’s National Buy Aussie Day so here are our fave brands to shop Down Under
- Editor’s Picks: Get 25% off Bally staples that’ll work in your wardrobe forever
- MET Gala 2021: All the fabulous fashion moments and celebrity looks from the red carpet [UPDATED]
All images: Supplied