Looking for comprehensive cover with high cover limits? Consider Dodo Comprehensive Plus Travel Insurance.
If you want to enjoy ultimate peace of mind on your next overseas holiday, comprehensive travel insurance should be the first item you pack in your suitcase. Dodo Comprehensive Plus Travel Insurance offers financial protection for an extensive range of common travel risks, allowing you to embark on your overseas getaway safe in the knowledge that you’ll be covered if anything goes wrong.
How does Dodo Comprehensive Plus stack up with it's Comprehensive policy?
Here's how Dodo's Comprehensive Plus cover compares it's Comprehensive offering.
|Benefits||Sum Insured||Excess*||Sum Insured||Excess*|
|Cancellation and Amendment Fees||Unlimited||$200||$12,500||$200|
|Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses||Unlimited||$200||Unlimited||$200|
|Hospital Cash Allowance||$75 per completed 24 hours up to $2,500||$0||$75 per completed 24 hours up to $1,000||$0|
|Cutting your trip short||Unlimited||$200||$12,500||$200|
|Resumption of Journey||$3,000||$200||No Cover||$0|
|Travel Delay Expenses||$100 per completed 12 hours up to $2,000||$0||$50 per completed 12 hours up to $1,000||$0|
|Luggage and Personal Effects||$7,500||$0||$5,000||$0|
|Delayed luggage allowance||$600||$0||$400||$0|
|Travel Documents, Credit Cards and Travellers Cheques||$5,000||$0||$2,500||$0|
|Theft of Cash||$400||$200||$250||$200|
|Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess||$6,000||$0||$4,000||$0|
|Loss of income||$10,400||$0||No Cover||$0|
|Alternative Transport Expenses||$5,000||$200||$2,500||$200|
|Pet Care||$500||$200||No Cover||$0|
This policy offers all the bells and whistles, with higher cover limits than any of Dodo's other policies.
- Cancellation and amendment fees. If you are forced to cancel your journey due to unforeseen circumstances beyond your control, such as if you are made redundant or if a relative dies unexpectedly, the prepaid travel expenses you are unable to recoup will be covered by your insurance policy.
- Overseas hospital and medical expenses. If you incur emergency medical expenses while overseas, Dodo Comprehensive Plus Travel Insurance will cover your medical bills. This includes your emergency medical, surgical and hospital treatment and ambulance costs.
- Hospital cash allowance. You’ll receive a cash allowance for every day you are hospitalised, to help with your out-of-pocket expenses.
- Cutting short your trip. If you need to return home to Australia earlier than planned due to circumstances beyond your control, such as if you are medically unfit to continue travelling or if a relative dies unexpectedly, Dodo will cover your travel, accommodation and meals expenses.
- Additional expenses. This benefit ensures that the additional accommodation, meals and travelling expenses that you incur when you need to return home unexpectedly are covered.
- Resumption of journey. If your journey is curtailed by an event covered under the “Cutting short your trip” benefit, Dodo Comprehensive Plus Travel Insurance will cover the costs you incur to resume your journey.
- Travel delay expenses. If your final international departure from or return to Australia is delayed by poor weather conditions, a strike, industrial action or mechanical breakdown, Dodo will provide cover for the expenses you incur as a result.
- Luggage and personal effects. If your luggage or personal items are lost, stolen or damaged during your trip, Dodo provides cover for their repair or replacement.
- Delayed luggage allowance. If your luggage is lost or misdirected by a travel provider, you’ll receive an allowance so that you can purchase emergency items such as clothing and toiletries.
- Travel documents, credit cards and travellers cheques. If these items are lost or stolen during your trip, your policy covers the necessary replacement costs.
- Theft of cash. You will also be covered for personal money that is lost or stolen during your trip.
- Personal liability. Up to $5 million of personal liability cover is provided if you accidentally cause bodily injury to someone else or damage someone else’s property during your trip.
- Rental car insurance excess. If your rental vehicle is crashed, stolen or maliciously damaged while in your possession, this benefit provides cover for the insurance excess imposed by the rental company.
- Loss of income. If you suffer an injury during your journey that causes disablement and you are unable to return to work when you get back home to Australia, you’ll be covered for the resulting loss of income.
- Alternative transport expenses. If your scheduled transport is cancelled, delayed, shortened or diverted and you need to get to a pre-arranged event (wedding, funeral, conference, etc) on time, you’ll be covered for any alternative transport expenses you incur.
- Personal accident. You will be eligible for a lump sum benefit if you suffer a disabling injury during your journey.
- Hijack. You will be covered if the aircraft or sea vessel in which you are travelling is hijacked for more than 24 hours.
- Pet care. This benefit covers extra kennel or cattery fees if your final journey home is delayed due to poor weather conditions, a strike, industrial action or mechanical breakdown.
Your Dodo Comprehensive Plus Travel Insurance claim will not be paid if:
- It arises due to a pre-existing condition
- It arises due to suicide or attempted suicide
- It is caused by you or your travelling companion consuming alcohol or drugs (except drugs taken as prescribed by a medical practitioner)
- It arises due to war, insurrection or revolution
- It arises due to civil riots, strikes or industrial action (except those that were not public knowledge when you booked your trip)
- It is caused by you travelling to a country on the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s “Do Not Travel” list
- It arises because you ride a motorcycle without a valid licence
- It is for consequential loss of any kind, for example, loss of enjoyment
- It arises because you take part in manual labour, missionary work or professional sport
- It arises due to a government authority seizing, withholding or destroying anything
- It arises because you fail to get the inoculations or vaccinations needed to travel
- You fail to follow advice or instructions from the insurer
- It arises due to the financial default of a travel services provider
- It arises due to errors or omissions in your booking arrangements
The following cover options can be added to your policy at an additional cost:
- Reduce your excess. You can reduce the standard excess that applies to your policy by paying an additional premium. Alternatively, you could waive your excesses altogether if you are willing to pay an even higher premium.
- Additional specified items cover. If you need to an insure an item valued at greater than $750 that you are taking on your trip, you can apply for additional specified items cover. This allows you to increase the sum insured up to $4,000 for a single item, and up to a combined total of $6,000 for multiple items.
- Snow sports cover. This extra pack provides cover for snow sports equipment and hire, lift passes, ski pack, piste closure and avalanche.
If you need to make a claim on your Dodo Comprehensive Plus Travel Insurance policy, you must register your claim within 30 days of completing your journey. You will then be sent a claims form, which you can fill out and return to the insurer.
You will also need to provide:
- Original copies of any receipts and invoices relating to your loss or expenses
- Your certificate of insurance
- Any other information the insurer requires in English (or translated into English)