Get Dodo Car Insurance deals for August 2017 and save further on your policy
Comprehensive car insurance can provide an important level of protection, but also carries a bigger price tag than more basic policies. This deal gets you a solid 15% off discount on Dodo comprehensive car insurance policies, meaning you save more than with basic policies while simultaneously protecting your car from a wider variety of dangers.
Take advantage of this offer, and you’ll also get a free 7” Android tablet, to either pick up yourself at no cost, or have delivered to your door for a fee.
- This offer is only for buying car insurance online. Simply get a quote and follow through.
- To redeem your Android tablet, log into your Dodo account online to find your voucher code and claiming information, and pick it up or have it delivered before the 60 day time limit.
- You need to follow the terms and conditions of the Dodo comprehensive car insurance policy as normal. This includes being honest in your duty of disclosure, not using your car for unapproved purposes and taking appropriate steps to drive safely.
- Dodo car insurance is not available in WA
This offer is only available for Dodo comprehensive car insurance, but third party property and third party fire and theft policies are also available.
|Comprehensive||Third party property||Third party fire and theft|
|Free Android tablet|
|New car replacement|
|Emergency transport and overnight accommodation|
|Cover for hire vehicle following theft|
|Lifetime guarantee on repairs|
|Personal effects cover|
|Trailer and caravan cover|
|No fault no excess|
|No claims discount preserved when not at fault|
|Baby seat cover|
|Legal liability cover|
|Make an enquiry||Get a quote||Get a quote||Get a quote|
The underwriter is the insurance company whose money backs up the insurance policy. It’s good to have a well established and reputable underwriter who won’t disappear on you to make sure your car insurance policy remains worthwhile.
Dodo comprehensive car insurance is underwritten by Auto & General Insurance Company, a well known and well-established insurance underwriter with a long history of protecting vehicles and other property.
A number of the biggest names in insurance use this underwriter, so you can depend on Dodo car insurance to have the resources to pay your claims.
- 15% off car insurance with comprehensive policies and a free Android tablet
- Offers comprehensive car insurance as well as third party property options so almost everyone can find a policy for them at Dodo
- Reliably underwritten by the well-known Auto & General Insurance Company
- 24 hour claims assistance
- Unlike other policies, Dodo will always cover private car sharing as long as you’re not making a profit from it.
- All Dodo car insurance policies come with up to $20 million legal liability insurance
- Business options are available to cover everyone who drives that vehicle for business purposes
- Dodo can pursue legal action on your behalf, and pay these costs, in the event of certain liability claims
- A 21 day cooling down period gives you time to consider whether the cover is right for your needs. If it’s not, cancel within this time frame to receive a full refund, minus certain costs, and if you have not yet made a claim.
- Keep your no claims bonus when claiming for no fault accidents, storm, wind or hail damage, or window glass only.
- Choose annual or monthly repayments to suit your budget.
- Access the expansive Dodo roadside assistance network
- You are not covered for professional driving such as taxi work
- You cannot be covered if regularly carry dangerous materials, such as flammable or toxic substances, in your vehicle for business purposes
- Your claim may not be paid if you failed to take all reasonable precautions to secure your car and belongings
- Age restrictions apply to Dodo car insurance policies, and older drivers may not be eligible for cover
- If your policy is more than a full month overdue, Dodo reserves the right to cancel it without notice
The first step is to compare the available policies and decide on the right one for your needs. Comprehensive car insurance is recommended for newer or more valuable cars, classics, exotics, antiques, modified vehicles and anything else that may need extra protection. Third party, and third party fire and theft, car insurance policies offer a much more basic level of protection better suited for older and less valuable cars, or ones that you plan on selling or trading in at some point.
Once you’ve found a policy that meets your needs, read over the product disclosure statement to familiarise yourself with what is and isn’t covered. If everything is in order then just get a quote, add extras as desired, and sign up to get covered.
To get 15% off your car insurance and a free Android tablet, you need to sign up online, and not over the phone or in person, and you must select a Dodo comprehensive car insurance policy.
- To make a Dodo car insurance claim, call 1300 885 996 with details of the incident, and they can walk you through the process.
- To make it as quick and easy as possible, you should have your dodo policy number, details of the accident and details of the other cars and drivers involved if possible.
Q. What happens if I’m hit by an uninsured driver?
If you are hit by an uninsured driver and it was their fault, then your insurance should cover it. Note that generally only comprehensive car insurance policies will properly cover damage to your own vehicle. With Dodo, you won’t even lose the no claims bonus for being struck by another driver when you weren’t at fault.
Q. What happens if I have a dispute with my insurer?
If you and your insurer just can’t agree, you can contact the Financial Services Ombudsman for a fair third-party arbitrator.
Q. Do I have to pay an excess if I’m not at fault?
Generally you are required to pay the excess for all claims, but not with Dodo! If you were to be not at fault, whether it’s because the other driver or because it was a no fault accident, then you will not have to pay the excess, and you won’t lose the no claims bonus. This isn’t typical, but is instead one of the things that makes Dodo different.
Q. How are my premiums determined?
Your premiums are determined by a combination of factors, including age of yourself and other nominated drivers, who the chosen drivers of the vehicle are, your license status, driving history, type of vehicle, location and many other factors. Get a quote to find out how much it will cost you.
Q. Do I always have to notify the police if there’s been an accident?
You should call the police if the situation calls for it. You do not need to notify police for a minor ding where all parties are exchanging insurance details in a civilised fashion, but should call them if there’s been an injury, a serious crash or for all cases of vandalism, theft or malicious damage. Here, you are required to notify police as soon as possible.
Q. Does the new for old vehicle replacement include new licensing and registration costs?
Yes. If Dodo replaces your vehicle with a new one under the new for old replacement option then they will also pay for the first 12 months of licensing and registration costs.