Dishonored 2 gameplay at E3 2016: What we learned
Here's everything we learned about Dishonored 2 at E3 2016.
Arkane Studios' highly anticipated sequel to 2012's Dishonored is set to return this November. Though we already know a lot about Dishonored 2's story, gameplay and all-star cast including the likes of Rosario Dawson, Vincent D'Onofrio, Sam Rockwell and Pedro Pascal, Bethesda has revealed even more about this stealth, action-adventure epic.
What we learned from E3 2016
- We meet Emily Kaldwin at 25 years of age.
- Dishonored 2 is set 15 years after the original.
- There are numerous ways to approach missions and eliminate targets.
- In some missions you can take sides with one of two factions or stay totally neutral.
- The outcome of certain missions has a larger effect on the game's universe.
- Some missions take place over two separate timelines: The player solves puzzles and eliminates enemies with the use of a lens that peers into the past.
- Certain Dishonored 2 pre-orders will come with a copy of Dishonored: Definitive Edition.
- Emily's Far Reach ability, while similar to Corvo's blink, acts more like a whip and can be upgraded to be used in combat.
- Mesmerise is an ability where Emily summons an entity from the "Void" to possess enemies.
- Emily's Domino power links enemies – any attack on one character will effect each enemy linked by the Domino power.
- Corvo retains his powers from the original game, but they have all been upgraded in different ways
Check out the gameplay trailer below for more on what to expect when Dishonored 2 drops November 2017.
E3 2016 gameplay trailer
Keynotes for E3 2016 will continue throughout the week. Our complete guide to E3 keynote streams will show you when you can watch live streams of all those keynotes in Australian time.