Discover Tasmania from $39 one way with Jetstar
Good food, good wine and good views are practically guaranteed.
Get ready to experience the best that Tasmania has to offer with flights starting from $39 each way in Jetstar's latest sale.
Flights are available from 7 January to 7 April 2020. Opt to travel in early February and you can catch the annual Festivale in Launceston. It brings together the best of Tasmania's food and drink in one place, so whether you like your wine red or white, there's something for everyone.
If you prefer the cooler the months, 30 April to 30 June 2020 dates are also on sale. If you're flying between April and June and you want to make the most of what Tassie has to offer, don't miss MONA's Dark Mofo. Offering an array of different art events, you can catch a light show or an offbeat theatre production at the annual event.
Flights are direct from Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne to Hobart and Launceston. The cheapest flights depart from Melbourne, starting from $39 each way to both Hobart and Launceston.
Other amazing one-way fares include:
- Sydney to Launceston from $49
- Adelaide to Hobart from $55
- Sydney to Hobart from $65
- Brisbane to Launceston from $75
- Brisbane to Hobart from $79
Already have your bags packed? Head straight over to Skyscanner to score this deal.
This sale ends on 12 November 2019, so make the most of these low fares before it's too late.
How good are these fares?
- Price: Great. On average, airfares to Hobart and Launceston come in at about $300 return, so any roundtrip for under $100 is a steal. Prices in previous years have dropped to $39 each way, or $78 return.
- Airline: Good. Jetstar is a low-cost airline and your fare only covers your seat and carry-on luggage. As a bonus though, Jetstar also offers a price beat guarantee of 10% if you find a cheaper deal online.
- Travel time: Great. Depending on where you're flying from, you can expect to arrive in Tasmania within a few hours if not less. All flights in this sale are non-stop.
- Weather: Good. If you're travelling over the summer, expect the island temperatures to be in the low 20s, or between 0°C and 10°C during the winter. Most people tend to travel to Tassie during the summer or autumn months as that's when the weather tends to be warmest.
- UPDATED: What to know about the Tasmanian border reopening
- How you can be Emily in Paris Down Under
- Klook’s new tour brings a taste of Europe to the Hunter Valley: Here’s our review
- Queensland reopens its borders to NSW: Here’s what you need to know
- Review: What to expect from the Madame Tussauds Sydney TikTok challenge