Direct flights to Hong Kong are now going for under $500 return
So who's doing it better – Qantas or Virgin Australia?
Both airlines are full-service carriers and both fly direct to Hong Kong.
The stakes get higher when you realise that the price difference between them is mere dollars with Virgin Australia winning with $468 return flights from Sydney. On Qantas, you'll pay $470 return.
There's really not that much in it, although Virgin Australia is predicted to take 20 more minutes than Qantas to get there.
Flights take off in August at these prices and are for select times only, so if you have your eye on a short winter break – this is the one to beat.
You can compare your flight options and book your ticket before somebody else snatches it up through Flight Finder.
Flights are on sale until sold out.
How good are these fares?
- Price: Great. Full service flights under $500 are always a winner.
- Airline: Qantas and Virgin are both full-service airline, so you won't be stuck with unexpected expenses since checked luggage, in-flight meals and entertainment are included in your fare.
- Travel time: Great. Flights are both direct with Qantas taking slightly less time to get to your destination.
- Weather: OK. August is the tail end of the rainy season in Hong Kong. You'll find a mixture of sunny and rainy consecutive days throughout the month so cross your fingers and pray for sun.
- Fly to Europe from $1,154 return in the latest Etihad Airways sale
- 4 cheap overseas holidays you can take now that QLD borders are open
- 10 Best Boxing Day 2021 travel deals
- Annual leave hacks: Turn 20 days of leave into 50+ days off work in 2022
- New international travel rules: Quarantine, proof of vax, visas and more explained