Diners Club Personal Card + World Mastercard Card
Take advantage of premium Diners Club rewards with the convenience of a Mastercard.
The Diners Club Personal Card and World Mastercard is a charge card and so has no pre-set spending limit. The World Mastercard card makes accessing your cash easy, with 37 million locations and 2 million ATMs in over 210 countries. The Diners Club Personal Card and World Mastercard only has one PIN and statement, making the cards relatively easy to manage. In addition to financial flexibility, you also have access to World Mastercard privileges and rewards.
Per $ spent
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||Diners Club Personal Card + World Mastercard Card|
|Rewards program||Diners Club Rewards|
|Interest-free period||44 days|
|Card type||Diners Club|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- Earn up to 2 points per $1 spent
- Access to 700 international airport and member lounges
- Complimentary Travel Insurance and Purchase Protection
- Charges a high annual fee of $299
|Rewards program||Diners Club Rewards|
|Rewards points per $ spent||0.75|
|Cash advance fee||4% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||4% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Additional cardholder fee||$50|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder, co-hosts our Pocket Money podcast and wrote about credit cards for almost five years. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. She has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
This Diners Club account comes with both a Diners Club card and a World Mastercard, which means you can make payments even if Diners Club is not accepted. It offers 2 Diners Club rewards points per $1 spent with the Diners Club card and 0.75 points per $1 spent with the Mastercard. Unusually, you can even earn points for cash advance transactions – although the fees that come from withdrawing cash could offset the benefit of these points.
You can redeem your points for rewards including gift cards, merchandise, charitable donations and point transfers to partnered frequent flyer and loyalty programs. This account also gives you access to over 700 airport and member lounges around the world, complimentary travel insurance and purchase insurance covers, as well as exclusive offers and perks through Diners Club Privileges and Mastercard Priceless. But with a $299 annual fee, it is worth looking at exactly how often you’ll be able to pay with your Diners Club card. If you end up using the Mastercard more, you might want to look at other rewards cards to see how their value compares.
How to applyIf you have decided that this card could be of use to you, you will need to ensure that you meet the following application criteria:
- Residency. You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old.
- Credit history. You have a good credit rating.
- Personal details. Personal details include your name, age, residential address and contact details.
- Employment details. These include the name of your employer's organisation, position and income.
- Financial details. If you're an existing Diners Club member, you will also be required to provide your account number and details.
- No pre-set spending limit. Cardholder's spending is not restricted by fixed spending limits, providing users with the freedom to manage their finances according to what they can afford and how they need to use their card.
- Global use. There is no shortage of locations to use your Diners Club Personal and World Mastercard. The Diners Club Personal Card network includes over 800,000 ATMs and cash access locations and the World Mastercard provides you with access to further 2 million ATMs.
- Diners Club privileges. Cardholders receive premium services including access to over 700 Diners Club Airport and Member lounges around the world, preferred seating at major concerts and events and international offers when travelling overseas to name a few.
- Mastercard World privileges. VIP treatments and exclusive hotel benefits, first-class airport concierge services, world-class access to exclusive benefits at restaurants, events and stores are just some of the privileges that come with the Mastercard World card.
- Complimentary insurances. Cardholders can enjoy various free insurance covers with this card. International Travel Insurance, Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance and Transit Accident Insurance will benefit the world traveller. For anyone making purchases on their card, the Guaranteed Pricing Scheme, Purchase Cover Insurance and Extended Warranty Insurance are on offer.
- Rewards points. For every $1 spent, you will receive 2 points on your Diners Club Card and 0.75 points on your World Mastercard Card. You can use your Diners Club Rewards points to redeem rewards including merchandise, travel, gift cards or cashback to your account.
Rates & fees
- Annual fees. Although the Diners Club Personal Card and World Mastercard combine the benefits and features of two cards, it only incurs a single annual fee of $299. However, there is a fee of $50 for additional cards. Unlike the regular Diners Club Card, the Personal Card and World Mastercard incur no extra rewards fee, as it is covered by the annual card fee.
- 44 days for payment. The Diners Club Personal Card and World Mastercard offers cardholders up to 44 days to pay for purchases. To avoid default fees, you need to pay the account within 14 days after the account issue date.