Need #inspo on what to wear to Diner en Blanc Sydney?
We've got you covered. Welcome to your comprehensive guide to the Diner en Blanc Sydney celebration plus 30 outfit ideas to ensure you’re the best dressed on the night.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Imagine 4000 people descending onto Sydney’s famous Bondi Beach at sunset, dressed in a sea of white and transforming an iconic public space into an enchanted soiree of dinner and dancing among friends.. This is the magic of Diner en Blanc.
The chic picnic started in Paris in 1988 by Francois Pasquier, and is now a global event covering five continents.What makes the event so special is each guest is required to bring everything they need for the celebration. From the all white tables and chairs, to tablecloths and even the feast, everything is brought with you and taken away when you leave. The location being left a mystery until the very last moment adds to the allure of Diner en Blanc.
Now one of the most talked about events on the calendar; food lovers, fashion darlings, cultural enthusiasts and media will share an evening of elegance together under stars. Sydney is set to sparkle as Diner en Blanc takes place on 28 November.
Did you score tickets? Keep scrolling down for the best all-white picks to wear on the night and everything you need to make a note of in the lead up to the event.
Images provided by Diner en Blanc
10 all white picks to wear to Diner en Blanc
You’ll be the definition of chic.
12 picks under $100
For the girl on a budget.
8 pairs of the best shoes
THE ICONIC Spurr Amy Heels, $39.95
What you need to know about Diner en Blanc 2015:
These are the rules and they are not made to be broken.
- Registration to participate happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members who attended the previous year; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees; Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list via the official website: sydney.dinerenblanc.info/register.
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- Diner en Blanc Sydney is a wine only licensed event for guests over 18 years of age.
- Wine and champagne only. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited. Due to city regulations, guests are not allowed to bring their own wine and/or champagne. They will be able to purchase via the e-store prior to the night of the event.
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc group leader.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter. The “leave nothing behind” policy is a core value of the event.
What guests need to bring:
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth
- A picnic basket with your fine feast packed, proper stemware and white dinnerware. A catered picnic hamper option, which can be picked up on site, is available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
Now we're ready to fall into a world of white, see you there!
Ask an Expert