Digital Extremes shows off the heroes of its new free-to-play shooter The Amazing Eternals
Spacemen, skeletons and tree warriors duke it out in the upcoming first-person shooter.
After announcing it with a teaser-filled developer video a couple of weeks ago, Warframe developer Digital Extremes has today dropped the first proper trailer for its upcoming free-to-play shooter The Amazing Eternals.
The trailer gives us a good look at how the game's deck-building mechanic plays into its first-person shooting. You choose what cards to take into each battle, and you can activate them at any time to unleash nifty powers like summoning a UFO buddy to help you out, electrifying your enemies with a lightning cannon or trapping your foes inside a wall of prickly thorns.
There seems to be quite a diverse range of powers available, and with the ability to freely swap them in and out of your decks, there looks to a lot of depth to the game outside of its hero-based combat.
The Amazing Eternals doesn't yet have a release date, but you can sign up for the PC-only beta on the game's website.
In other shooter news, Overwatch's new deathmatch mode is now available on consoles.
- 56 rising esports stars added to the roster for next week’s Gfinity Elite Series debut
- [UPDATE] Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Australian pricing and release date
- Detroit: Become Human Review: No fate but what we manage to screw up in a QTE
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits