Digital Extremes shows off the heroes of its new free-to-play shooter The Amazing Eternals
Spacemen, skeletons and tree warriors duke it out in the upcoming first-person shooter.
After announcing it with a teaser-filled developer video a couple of weeks ago, Warframe developer Digital Extremes has today dropped the first proper trailer for its upcoming free-to-play shooter The Amazing Eternals.
The trailer gives us a good look at how the game's deck-building mechanic plays into its first-person shooting. You choose what cards to take into each battle, and you can activate them at any time to unleash nifty powers like summoning a UFO buddy to help you out, electrifying your enemies with a lightning cannon or trapping your foes inside a wall of prickly thorns.
There seems to be quite a diverse range of powers available, and with the ability to freely swap them in and out of your decks, there looks to a lot of depth to the game outside of its hero-based combat.
The Amazing Eternals doesn't yet have a release date, but you can sign up for the PC-only beta on the game's website.
In other shooter news, Overwatch's new deathmatch mode is now available on consoles.
- Humble Classics Return Bundle: Where the best deals are
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?