Rideshare app DiDi launches in Perth with free rides
The latest app to hit Western Australia offers free Saturday rides and 50% off on other days for a month.
To celebrate today's expansion to Perth, rideshare app DiDi is offering free rides on the first four Saturdays following the 4 November launch. The offer will cover rides to the value of $20 and is available to all new DiDi customers in Perth.
The free ride offer, dubbed DiDiDays, will run on the following dates:
- Saturday 9 November 2019
- Saturday 16 November 2019
- Saturday 23 November 2019
- Saturday 30 November 2019
Customers who sign up before 18 November will also score 50% off their first 10 rides, up to a value of $15 each. DiDi riders who sign up in the following two weeks (between 19 November and 2 December) will receive 50% off their first 5 rides up to the value of $15 each.
The base fare for DiDi customers in Perth is $1.80 and the booking fee sits at $0.50. The minimum cost for rides is $6.50, which works out cheaper than other rideshare companies.
When comparing the competitive rideshare app to Uber in Perth, we found that Uber's base fares are priced at $2.00 per trip. Booking through DiDi means you will only be paying a $5 cancellation fee on rides, whereas a standard Uber charges $8.
To sweeten the deal even more, you can use our exclusive Finder code to earn $20 worth of credits on DiDi rides.
- Queensland’s NSW and ACT travel ban: Everything you need to know
- The three-step plan to reopen Australia: What you can and can’t do
- Airlines, cruises and tours waive change and cancellation fees due to coronavirus [Updated]
- Australians advised not to travel: What to know [Updated]
- Travelling during coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know [Updated]