Need help accessing a DiDi-approved vehicle? Check out the options available in Sydney.
Rent a car
Looking to start driving with DiDi in Sydney, but don't own a car? Rent a brand new, DiDi-ready vehicle from as little as $180 per week. This is a low-fee, flexible option to help you get on the road more quickly.
For a slightly higher fee each week, you can opt to rent-to-own a vehicle. This means that you drive to pay off your car, and it could be yours after just four years. Choose from compact, hybrid, SUV and luxury models.
Get a car loan
There are lots of tailored car finance options available through one of DiDi's company partners or directly via a bank, credit union or standalone car lender.
DiDi driver income calculator
To tailor your earnings estimate on how much you could make driving with DiDi in Sydney, enter your income and vehicle expenses into the calculator below.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this calculator, the results should be used as an indication only. It doesn't take into account your financial circumstances and is neither a quote or guarantee of your income as a DiDi partner driver.
Where to drive in Sydney
As a DiDi driver with New South Wales-accreditation, you can drive 24/7 anywhere in New South Wales that DiDi operates. DiDi launched in Sydney 16 March 2020, so hotspots specific to DiDi may not yet be established. However, these hotspots are popular to rideshare drivers across the board:
These areas are popular among riders due to their high earning potential for rideshare drivers:
- Weekday mornings. Eastern Suburbs, CBD, North Sydney, the Airport
- Weekday evenings. CBD, Inner West, Lower North Shore
- Weekends. Eastern Suburbs, CBD, the Rocks, Inner West
- Events. Olympic Park, Moore Park, CBD
Peak trip times
There are times when Sydney rideshare drivers are more in-demand, and being available during these busy periods could help you earn more.
- Weekday mornings 5am – 9am
- Weekday evenings 5pm – 8pm
- Friday and Saturday until late
- Sunday daytime
Getting paid with DiDi
In order to get paid as a DiDi driver in Sydney, you will need to provide various details. Payments are processed every week. Details you will need to provide in order to get paid include:
- Bank details. Your BSB and account number.
- ABN. Driving with DiDi in Sydney is essentially a form of running your own business, so you will need to be registered as an Australian business and have an Australian Business Number in order to receive payment.
Ask an Expert