DiDi rideshare is now in Canberra, Adelaide and 18 more Australian cities
Here's how you can score up to 50% off your next ride.
It's good news for a plethora of Australian cities with DiDi rideshare's launch into 20 new locations featuring Adelaide and Canberra.
Alongside the Australian Capital Territory and South Australia capitals, you can also ride in the following cities:
- Ballarat, VIC
- Bendigo, VIC
- Bunbury, WA
- Bundaberg, QLD
- Busselton, WA
- Cairns, QLD
- Central Coast, NSW
- Coffs Harbour, NSW
- Gladstone - Tannum Sands, QLD
- Hervey Bay, QLD
- Mackay, QLD
- Port Macquarie, NSW
- Rockhampton, QLD
- Shepparton, VIC
- Toowoomba, QLD
- Townsville, QLD
- Wagga Wagga, NSW
- Wollongong, NSW
We won't dally with getting to those all-important savings. Anyone residing outside of Victoria can score six 50% off vouchers to use during peak periods. These are capped at $20 each and are for use from 4pm-8pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday for the first three weeks of the launch.
It doesn't stop there either. Anyone who signs up after the launch in Adelaide can nab 30% off 10 rides (capped at $20). All other cities get to enjoy 20% off three rides, which are capped at $10.
For its Sydney and Perth launches, DiDi offered 50% off rides for an entire month. The Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast savings were along the same lines with half-price rides for three weeks alongside free trial days.
Calling all drivers
Enjoy these deals during the first four weeks of the launch (until 6 September):
- 0% service fee for drivers who were signed up and approved before 10 August
- 5% service fee for drivers who are approved on or after 10 August
- Successful driver referrals can land you $100 and rider referrals include a base reward of $10
With the current presence of COVID-19, DiDi is ensuring the safety of its drivers and riders by implementing mandatory masks, social distancing and passenger caps.
Live in Victoria and need a mask ASAP? We've got you covered with all the online retailers who have face masks in stock.
DiDi currently operates in Brisbane, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, the Gold Coast, Newcastle, Geelong and the Sunshine Coast.
The rideshare company launched in 2018 and now serves over 1 million Australians in 28 cities.
Haven't tried DiDi yet? Give it a spin with our exclusive $20 credit.
- New international travel rules: Quarantine, proof of vax, visas and more explained
- $200 off: Flight Centre’s best 5 international travel deals
- 5 cheapest places to fly to when Australia’s international borders reopen
- Qantas sets date for international flights to US, UK, Fiji and more
- Virgin Australia VA-X and Win competition: All the details