A look at 2017’s most popular Google health searches
Did you search for any of Australia's most Googled health questions?
Dr Google was busy in 2017 answering a range of health questions that would've once been reserved for the family GP. But what is your average Aussie searching for? To find out we thought we'd have a look at the Google Trends data for a range of health queries.
The breakout "why" search was for the controversial Netflix television series 13 Reasons Why, but in regards to actual health topics, upwards trending queries included "why do I wake up with a headache", "why am I so hungry" and "why is apple cider vinegar good".
The combined top 10 health-related "why" searches ("why is", "why does" and "why") were for:
- Why smoking is bad
- Why does it hurt when I pee
- Why is apple cider vinegar good
- Why is smoking bad for you
- Why is apple cider vinegar good for you
- Why is poop brown
- Why am I always tired
- Why am I so tired
- Why do I feel sick
- Why am I dizzy
In the "what" category, those getting their beach bodies ready for summer or resolving to get fit in the new year boosted in searches for the likes of "bcaa what is it", "what is keto" and "what is keto diet".
The combined top 10 "what" ("what is", "what does" and "what") health related searches in 2017 were:
- What is cancer
- What is health
- What is diabetes
- What is anxiety
- What is depression
- What is a drug
- What is asthma
- What is stress
- What is autism
- What is glucose
Compare your health insurance options today
- How does your health fund compare on 2021 price rises?
- Neglected your extras health insurance? Here’s how you could claim $500 back before 2021
- Huge progress as telehealth gets to stay post-Covid
- Millions of Aussies will pay more for health insurance from October
- How health insurance could save you cash in tax time 2020