Destiny 2 gameplay debut: 60 minutes of space shootin’
Rise, guardians. Your new Destiny awaits.
As promised earlier this week, Activision has unveiled the very first gameplay footage from upcoming first-person shooter Destiny 2. While most Aussies were still curled up in bed this morning, the publisher streamed an hour-long presentation on the follow-up to 2014's hugely popular online shooter, which you can catch up on below:
Along with exclusive footage of one of the game's early campaign missions, the stream establishes just how grim the stakes are in Destiny 2: your home from the first game has been destroyed, and all your powers have been ripped away from you.
Following the campaign footage, the stream details a number of the social and co-operative activities that will be available in Destiny 2, along with teasing some of the new locations you'll be exploring.
It was also revealed that, unlike the first game, Destiny 2 will be coming to PC as well as PS4 and Xbox One. As confirmed back in March, Destiny 2 is set to release on September 8th, with timed-exclusive content coming to the PS4 version first.
We'll be going hands-on with Destiny 2 very soon, so stay tuned for all our thoughts.
Destiny 2 is available for pre-order on PS4 and Xbox One for $76.99.
- Hands-on with Shadow of War: The Terminator 2 of sequels
- The Evil Within 2 Nightmare Mode hands-On: Not toning it down
- Super Mario Odyssey hands-on: Sun’s out, guns out
- European Commission study finds no link between piracy and lower sales of digital content
- TheGamer.TV takes a curated approach to the best gaming videos on the Internet