Jobs on DesignCrowd
Get your creative juices flowing and find design jobs to do, or find designers for your business.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Just because the world seems to be on hold for now, doesn't mean the growth of your business needs to be. Whether you're a small business owner looking for creative design solutions or a freelancer seeking extra revenue streams, there's an online marketplace that can help you collaborate.
What is DesignCrowd?
Founded and run out of Sydney, DesignCrowd is an online creative marketplace for employers looking for custom logo, website, graphic design and print services from freelance designers around the world.
Employers can launch design contests to get designs from DesignCrowd's massive pool of competing designers while freelancers get to pick and choose which contests they design for.
How does DesignCrowd work?
DesignCrowd's online marketplace helps businesses find custom designs by designers located around the world. Designers compete by following a creative brief and employers get the final say on the best design.
The big difference between DesignCrowd and many other marketplaces is that work is based purely on the design and not on a portfolio or reputation.
DesignCrowd's creative community is at your fingertips and you could have a design completed in as quickly as a day. If you don't like what you see, there's a money-back guarantee minus any posting fees.
- Launch your project. Complete a short creative brief to communicate what you need.
- Get design submissions. Receive unique designs from the international community of designers within hours.
- Review designs. Give feedback and make revision requests until you get the design you want.
- Choose your favourite design. Approve the best design and download the files ready to use.
DesignCrowd can be a worthwhile platform to use when seeking design work where you can choose how much or how little you bid on.
- Create a free account. Sign up for a free designer account in minutes.
- Browse design jobs. Search through jobs that match your design skills.
- Submit your designs. Get feedback from customers and modify designs.
- Get paid. Earn money when you win design contests.
Who can you hire?
DesignCrowd is a popular option for logo designs but employers looking for design services can choose from dozens of categories, including:
- Business card design
- Graphic design
- Web design
- Flyer design
- T-shirt design
Key features and benefits of DesignCrowd
DesignCrowd fees for employers
A posting fee applies for each design project and the cost is scaled based on how many designers you work with, how many designs you receive and how many revisions you can make.
Pricing varies depending on the type of project but for the most common request of a logo design this is what you can expect to pay:
|1–3 designs||6+ designs||50+ designs|
|1 designer||3 designers||Unlimited designers|
|Up to 3 revisions||Unlimited revisions||Unlimited revisions|
There is also a 4% transaction fee that applies plus optional upcharge costs for project upgrades that include:
- $29 for a 3-day turnaround
- $29 to hide your project from search engines
- $50 to ensure a top designer works on your project
DesignCrowd fees for freelancers
DesignCrowd retains 15% of all payments made to freelancers as a commission.
What are the DesignCrowd alternatives?
Along with DesignCrowd, 99designs is another popular alternative for design-contest-style projects. Fiverr and Upwork are also good options if you're keen to choose just one designer and collaborate on a design one on one.
To help you decide if it's the right fit, we've compared some of the key features of DesignCrowd and its alternatives.
|Style of projects||Design contests||One on one or design contest||One on one||One on one|
|Pricing for logo design|
Tips on finding work on DesignCrowd
- Understand the brief. Dedicate time to reviewing the creative brief, ask the customer questions and do some research to better understand their industry, target market and competitors.
- Provide timely contact. Ensure your revisions happen within a reasonable timeframe and your responses are friendly and professional.
- Know your skills and strengths. While it can be tempting to branch out and apply for as many design jobs as possible, your time will be better spent competing on jobs that you know you'll win.
- Don't get discouraged. You're competing against other talented designers that might just meet the employer's aesthetic more. Learn from your experiences and continue to improve your skills.
How to contact DesignCrowd?
DesignCrowd's support team can be reached via phone, email and through a detailed contact form on its website.
You can browse a variety of articles and FAQs in DesignCrowd's online Help Centre.
More guides on Finder
How to start a graphic design business
How to use your design skills as the basis for a profitable enterprise you can run from the comfort of your home.
Graphic designer resume templates (Australia)
Get set up for success with a CV that matches high-quality visuals with the right words.
How to start a proofreading business
Turn your talent for language into a profitable company.
How to start a recording studio business
Turn your passion for music production into a career by starting your own recording studio.
How to start a virtual assistant business
Get set up to provide support services remotely with our guide to launching a virtual assistant company.
Resume writing services
Here are some key tips on hiring a resume writing service that can help to take your career to the next level.
Keep your Intellectual Property (IP) safe with the help of a copyright lawyer.
Free high school resume template (Australia)
A high school resume template will help you showcase your skills and accomplishments in style.
Landscape designer services
Give your outdoor space a refresh with the help of a professional landscape designer.
Free first time job resume template (Australia)
Writing a good resume is the first move in launching your stellar career.
Ask an Expert