The Delphi Bank term deposit account offers a fixed rate of interest and stable, predictable returns. You can choose a term length that suits your strategy, ranging from as little as 30 days to 5 years.
Read on to learn more about this account and the interest rates available.
Compare the features of the Delphi Bank term deposit account against other products in the market before deciding which one is right for you.
Terms from 30 days to 5 years
You can choose how long you want to lock your money away. You can choose a term ranging from as little as 30 days to 5 years. Restricting access to your funds is a good way to prevent impulse purchases.
Earn up to 1.65% p.a. interest on your balance
You can benefit from a fixed interest rate and predictable, stable returns. Interest rates are tiered and are generally higher for longer terms. Balances between $1,000 and 49,999 in a 180-day term deposit will earn an interest rate of 1.65% p.a.. This is the base balance bracket, and you can earn a higher rate of interest for depositing a larger amount of money.
No account-keeping fees
You won’t have to pay set-up or account-keeping fees with this account.
Interest paid annually
For terms over one year in length, interest will be paid annually. For terms less than one year in length, interest will be paid at maturity.
Minimum deposit of $1,000
There is a minimum investment of $1,000 is required for this term deposit.
Delphi Bank requires that you first become a member before you can apply for any of their accounts.
Deposits guaranteed by the government
The Australian government guarantees deposits up to $250,000.
Launch term deposit calculator
- Minimum deposit is $1,000
- Short and long terms available
- Tiered interest rates
- Covered by Government Guarantee
- Must be a member of Delphi Bank to open an account
- Interest rates not as high as some other savings accounts in the market
How to apply
You can apply for this account online or in branch. Check that you meet the eligibility criteria first and make sure to have the necessary documents handy.
- Membership. You must be a member of Delphi Bank to open an account.
- Age. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older to open this account.
- Residence. You must have a valid Australian residential address.
- Personal details. You’ll need to supply your name, address, email and phone number.
- Personal identification. You’ll need to prove your identity by supplying your Australian driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate or Medicare card.
- Tax file number (TFN). You don’t have to provide this, but giving your TFN to the bank ensures that Delphi Bank does not deduct withholding tax from your interest payments.
Once Delphi Bank has received your application and verified your identity, the bank will notify you when your term deposit account has been opened.