Dell XPS 13 2020 review
Quick verdict: Dell's XPS 13 presents a near-perfect blend of portability, power and battery life if you’re a mobile professional.
- Great performance
- Wide screen wastes no space at all
- Great battery life
- Limited ports
- Mediocre graphics performance
Dell has been making ultraportables in a variety of sizes under the Dell XPS brand for years now. The 2020 iteration adds tenth-generation Intel processors into the mix, further entrenching its positions as one of the very best ultraportable laptops you can buy. There are some concessions to that portability, especially if you have lots of peripherals, but for anyone needing a truly mobile office laptop, this is an easy recommendation.
- Very thin and light
- Minimal bezels make for a great viewing experience
- Responsive keyboard
- Very limited ports
- Tenth-gen Intel Core i7 delivers good results
- Iris Plus graphics remain basic
- Exceptionally good battery life
Should you buy the Dell XPS 13 2020?
- Buy it if you want a great mobile laptop solution.
- Don't buy it if you need a lot of peripherals or heavy graphics performance.
The Dell XPS 13 2020 pitches itself at a very specific market. This is a laptop for mobile professionals or for anyone who needs a highly portable powerful laptop. It won't work so well if you need more than its two USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 ports can provide or if you do a lot of heavy video rendering thanks to that Iris Plus GPU, but for those who live from place to place but want a solid and very nicely designed ultraportable, it's highly recommended.