Defence Bank True Blue Credit Card
No longer offered in the market
The Defence Bank True Blue credit card is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
Balance transfer rate
for 6 months
for the first 6 months (reverts to 11.74% p.a.)
Interest free period
|Product Name||Defence Bank True Blue Credit Card - DISCONTINUED|
|Balance transfer rate||3.99% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Purchase Rate (11.74% p.a.)|
|Purchase rate||3.99% p.a. for 6 months, reverts to 11.74% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||11.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- 3.99% p.a. for 6 months on balance transfers
- 3.99% p.a. for 6 months on purchases
- A low rate of 11.74% p.a. on purchases and cash advances
- No rewards program or travel insurance
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$20|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||$4.10|
|Overseas cash advance fee||6.1%|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$4.10|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
How to applyYou can apply for the Defence Bank True Blue low rate credit card online – even if you don't work for the Australian Defence Force. To get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the essential documents and details you need to complete the application form.
- Australian residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident with a valid Australian address.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for this credit card
- Credit history. You should have a good credit history with no defaults or bad debt.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address, phone number and marital status. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, which could be your driver's license, passport or Medicare card details.
- Employment details. As well as your salary, you'll need to provide details of your current role, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You may also be asked for supporting documentation to verify this information, such as recent payslips, a letter from your employer or your latest tax assessment notice from the Australian Taxation Office.
- Financial details. This covers any other forms of income, as well as savings, investments and other assets. You'll also be asked about existing liabilities, including debts from loans and credit cards, as well as your share of regular household expenses.
- 3.99% p.a. introductory interest rate. The Defence Bank True Blue Visa offers a 6-month introductory rate of 3.99% p.a., which could help you save on new transactions. At the end of the introductory period, this rate reverts to the card's variable rate of 11.74% p.a.
- Up to 55 interest-free days. If you pay your balance back in full each month, you can enjoy up to 55-days interest-free on purchases made with your True Blue Credit Card.
- Visa benefits. This card lets you make purchases in-store, online and over the phone all around the world, anywhere Visa is accepted. You can also get access to exclusive shopping, dining, entertainment and travel deals through Visa Offers + Perks.
- Security. This card offers 24/7 fraud protection monitoring and zero liability for fraudulent transactions if they do occur.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee.This card has an annual fee of $45, which is charged when your account is first opened, then once per year on the anniversary of this date.
- Interest rate. Outside of any promotions, the 11.74% p.a. variable rate applies to all purchases, cash advances and balances on this card.
- Foreign currency conversion fee. If you use this card to make overseas purchases (both in-store and online), a fee worth 3% of the total transaction cost applies.