DeepCrawl makes technical SEO simple
Optimise your technical SEO and boost your site's visibility with a little help from DeepCrawl.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
DeepCrawl labels itself as the world’s most comprehensive website crawler. Its ambition is to make websites more accessible and effective. It’s headquartered in London, UK, and currently has clients in more than 50 countries. Its basic plan is available for US$79/month.
What does DeepCrawl do?
DeepCrawl has eight main features it touts for the purpose of resolving technical issues that affect a site’s SEO capabilities. They include the following:
- Monitoring. This feature allows you to schedule web crawls to keep your web analytics current. They can be done hourly, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
- Migration. DeepCrawl gives a complete comparison of your website versus. its staging area and gives you report of the differences between them in a single crawl. New XML sitemaps are also tested here.
- Architecture. When your site is struggling to be seen but you just can’t puzzle out why, the problem often lies in the architecture. DeepCrawl allows you to crawl your URL, your sitemap, or any other part of your website and use any analytics possible.
- Panda. Google Panda was the 2011 change to the website’s search results algorithm. DeepCrawl can properly identify your Panda penalty web pages and suggest changes to either remove them altogether or improve them. DeepCrawl’s tree diagram site explorer can find where the weaknesses and breakdowns are occurring and help to rectify them.
- Penguin. Google Penguin is the 2012 algorithm that aimed to decrease the search engine rankings of websites violating Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. DeepCrawl uses duplicate detection methods to pull out duplicate meta titles and descriptions. This is done with DeepCrawl’s in-house ranking system known as DeepRank.
- User Experience. User experience (UX) and bad SEO are two spokes in the wheel of poor results. DeepCrawl can realise where UX is lacking and causing your websites to fail to capture the visitor’s attention.
- International Website Launch. DeepCrawl keeps your international website on point to ensure it’s getting the same great Google treatment as your original site. This includes telling search engines which version of your site is most relevant to a user, based on language and location.
- Competitive Analysis. Enter the URL of a competitor and allow DeepCrawl to get a report on what it’s doing right and what it’s missing out on from a web crawl.
DeepCrawl also offers an API for all users that includes a key and instructions. The API can be white labelled with your own logo and colour scheme as well.
Plans and pricing
All DeepCrawl pricing plans come with one free month. Its plans are available to purchase in US dollars, Pounds or Euros.
|Starter||US$72/month (billed yearly)|
US$79/month (billed monthly)
|Consultant||US$182/month (billed yearly)|
US$199/month (billed monthly)
|Agency||US$457/month (billed yearly)|
US$499/month (billed monthly)
|Agency Pro||US$916/month (billed yearly)|
US$999/month (billed monthly)
Prices last checked August 2017
Pros and cons
DeepCrawl gives users the opportunity to enhance their website’s SEO and user experience through intensive web crawls.
- DeepCrawl has several case studies featured on its site that can help SEO/UX novices get a better grasp of what the service does.
- Offers a robust community of support with blogs, press releases, events, a customer advisory board and more.
- The landing page is very sparse and lacks information about what the service does. Most of that information is located in the Help/FAQs section.
- During our research of the site, several of its pages were unavailable due to either downtime or maintenance work.
FAQs about DeepCrawl
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals in Australia, hand-picked by Finder's shopping experts.
Best GPS navigation systems in Australia 2020
These are the best GPS Navigation Systems in Australia for 2020, as determined by thousands of real customer reviews.
The 20 best tech stocks of 2020
SPONSORED: Could one of these Internet technology companies be the next FAANG stock?
The best PlayStation 4 games of all time
Buying a PlayStation 5 at launch? Here are 12 classic PlayStation 4 games that you definitely need to keep in your collection.
How to watch Binge on Apple TV
Find out how to set up Binge on your Apple TV.
Wix review for businesses
Not sure what all the fuss is about with Wix? Here's your comprehensive guide to this popular website-building platform and how it weighs up against its competitors.
Coronavirus: What to do if you can’t afford your car repayments
Can't afford your car loan repayments because of the COVID-19 pandemic? Here's what to do.
Coronavirus assistance for your energy and Internet bills
The coronavirus pandemic means paying for household bills like energy could get tougher. Learn about your financial hardship options.
Selling on Shopify vs Etsy
This guide for online sellers compares Shopify and Etsy side by side to find out which platform is easiest to use and offers the best value for money.
How to make money dropshipping
Read our complete guide to dropshipping to discover how it works, how to find a reliable supplier and the pros and cons of this popular fulfilment method.
Ask an Expert