Deed of Debt Forgiveness templates (Australia)
Legal matters don't have to be complicated or time-consuming.
While we don't all have the resources to hire a legal professional, we all do have access to a series of online legal templates. Ranging from Partnership Agreements to Letters of Demand, a huge array of legal templates are available online. Here's the lowdown on what exactly a Deed of Debt Forgiveness is and how to get your hands on a legal template.
What's in this guide?
- What is a Deed of Debt Forgiveness?
- When should I use a Deed of Debt Forgiveness?
- What does a Deed of Debt Forgiveness include?
- Deed of Debt Forgiveness vs Debt Settlement Agreement
- Compare sites for online legal services and documents including Deed of Debt Forgiveness
- How effective is a Deed of Debt Forgiveness?
- Do I need a lawyer to send this document?
- How do I write a Deed of Debt Forgiveness?
- Where to get free legal documents and templates like a Deed of Debt Forgiveness
What is a Deed of Debt Forgiveness?
A Deed of Debt Forgiveness is a way of forgiving outstanding debt. It's a document that can be used by individuals or companies to forgive a borrower from its debt, therefore giving the debtor permission to stop or reduce payments on outstanding debt.
When should I use a Deed of Debt Forgiveness?
A Deed of Debt Forgiveness should be used when an individual owes a significant amount of debt and may be struggling to make repayments. A letter may have been sent by the debtor requesting that the creditor forgive debt due to a number of different reasons such as a change of income or medical circumstances.
What does a Deed of Debt Forgiveness include?
A Deed of Debt Forgiveness document should include the terms and conditions of forgiving the debt, and the date that loan forgiveness begins. It can also outline exactly how the debt was accrued, the amount of outstanding debt remaining, and how much is being written off or delayed.
Deed of Debt Forgiveness vs Debt Settlement Agreement
A Deed of Debt Forgiveness and Debt Settlement Agreement are similar documents in that they both deal with getting rid of outstanding debt. The main difference between them is that while a Deed of Debt Forgiveness will be used by the creditor (the person or business who is owed the money), a Debt Settlement Agreement is used by a debtor (the person who owes money) and can involve a lot of negotiation from both sides. Both documents aim to resolve debt by either writing it off or diminishing the amount that needs to be paid.
Compare sites for online legal services and documents including Deed of Debt Forgiveness
How effective is a Deed of Debt Forgiveness?
A Deed of Debt Forgiveness is effective in resolving debts that have been outstanding for some time. Normally, there are a series of terms and conditions that come along with debt forgiveness that can lead to future arrangements between the creditor and debtor.
Do I need a lawyer to send this document?
While you don't strictly need a lawyer to draft a Deed of Debt Forgiveness, it may be useful to ask a legal professional to look over your document. As a multi-page document, writing a Deed of Debt Forgiveness can get complicated and it's important not to miss anything out. To get you off to the right start, you might want to consider using a Deed of Debt Forgiveness template.
How do I write a Deed of Debt Forgiveness?
There are many ways to write a Debt of Forgiveness, but it's essential to include the following:
- The name and address of both the creditor and debtor.
- When the debt is due to be released.
- The terms and conditions of forgiving the debt.
Where to get free legal documents and templates like a Deed of Debt Forgiveness
A Deed of Debt Forgiveness is an important, and legally binding document which must be drafted up correctly. If you don't want to fork out on hourly legal fees, one of these legal template websites might just be what you're looking for.
- Lawpath. Lawpath is an online legal resource for small businesses and entrepreneurs. Users are welcome to browse free samples on their website but must sign-up to access customisation options.
- Law Depot. Law Depot provides a broad array of free online documents to choose from. Easily fill them in online, before downloading the documents straight to your computer.
- LegalVision. LegalVision offers users unlimited use of free legal document templates, including a Deed of Debt Forgiveness for a monthly membership fee of $199.
- Legal Zebra. Free PDF samples can be downloaded if you sign-up to Legal Zebra's marketing emails. To access customizable documents, the templates will need to be purchased for a one-time fee.
- Wonder Legal. Browse more than 140 legal document templates with Wonder Legal, all of which can be purchased for a one-time fee. Although free to access a Deed of Debt Forgiveness example, you'll need to purchase the document to make any changes.
Ask an Expert