DEEBOT OZMO 610 review: A robot vacuum at a bargain price
A hi-tech robot vacuum at a bargain price? We put the DEEBOT OZMO 610 to the test in a messy family home.
- The price
- This model mops as well as vacuums
- It's quiet
- Good pick up of dirt and debris and can easily fit under beds and couches
- Run time of 110 minutes – ample for a small to medium home
- Can schedule cleaning remotely via the app
- Navigates obstacles and stairs well
- This model doesn't map the layout of your home and struggled with multiple rooms without manual guidance
- The app took several goes to get loaded and connected
- The provided user manual isn't super clear.
Earlier this year, ALDI offered the DEEBOT OZMO 610 as part of its special buy of the week at the bargain price of $299. This offer saw shoppers queueing up outside ALDI stores around the country hoping to snare one of these models at a basement price. It's been rumoured that in some stores the stock sold out in just eight minutes.
This week ALDI is putting the DEEBOT OZMO 610 on sale again this Wednesday 4 September.
I had the opportunity to put this model through its paces in advance to see if it's worth getting out of bed to queue up early at your local ALDI this Wednesday for a vacuum pet of your own.
- Sleek and white
- Has an unobtrusive docking station
- Circular oscillating shape
- Multiple cleaning modes
- Low enough to fit under most furniture
- Mopping mode can mop the floor without leaving puddles
Should you buy the DEEBOT OZMO 610?
This little robot vacuum is good looking, quiet and once you get the hang of it, pretty easy to use. While it's no replacement for a manual vacuum cleaner or my personal weapon of choice in the messy wars (the Dyson stick vac), this is definitely a great gadget for in-between cleans to keep things looking spick and span.
If you have hard floors and hate mopping as much as I do, then the DEEBOT OZMO 610 will have extra appeal.
While this particular model doesn't always capture every room or every corner, it does give a decent overall clean. However, in a busy, and messy, household like mine, I'm looking forward to scheduling it to clean our living areas overnight so we can wake up to clean floors in the morning.
Finally, in case you are wondering, even this vacuum now has a name. My kids named him Dobby, after the house-elf from Harry Potter.
Pricing and availability
Price$299 as part of ALDI's special buys
Where to buy
Image source: Ecovacs website
- MG HS plug-in hybrid review: A compelling medium SUV
- Tefal Easy Fry Deluxe XXL EY701 review: Big, powerful and more complicated than it needs to be
- Philips Premium Airfryer XXL (HD9630/21) review: An absolute behemoth of an air fryer
- ASUS ROG Flow X13 GV301 review: Come for the portability, stay for the graphics power
- Nespresso VertuoPlus: Cafe-style coffee at the push of a button