December’s Games With Gold offers action thrills
Get shooting, slicing and racing with Microsoft’s free Xbox games this festive season.
December is the season to be jolly, so the song goes, and Microsoft is certainly pulling out all the stops to ensure that Xbox Live Gold members have a happy festive season. December’s Games With Gold selection kicks off on 1 December with open world crime simulator Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition on Xbox One.
Xbox One owners will also get access on 16 December to survival horror game Outlast. Not quite what we’d call jolly Christmas fare for all the family, unless your surname happens to be Manson.
Continuing the trend of recent months, the fun doesn’t stop with the Xbox One, however, with two Xbox 360 titles up for grabs. Outland is a visually impressive action platform game for Xbox 360 that will drop on 1 December.
Finally, classic racer Burnout Paradise will be made available from 16 December for Xbox Live Gold subscribers.
Thanks to the wonders of backwards compatibility, both of those titles will be playable on Xbox One, which means if you’ve got an Xbox One or Xbox One S, you’re getting four top-notch games to see you through the end of the year.
- Check out these iconic Sydney landmarks in Buy Somewhere
- The Last Guardian review: The power of truly great creature design
- This week’s gaming deals: Sony’s 12 Days of Christmas sale kicks off
- 12 times Mario appeared on non-Nintendo platforms
- Everything from PSX 2016: The Last of Us Part II, Crash Bandicoot and more