December 2018’s cheapest investment home loans
A tough lending environment means it's essential investors compare their home loan options.
The RBA's decision to end the year without changing the official cash rate could portend a long period of inactivity from the Reserve Bank, according to 1300HomeLoan managing director John Kolenda.
"With no evidence of a significant improvement in the domestic economy, many forecasters expect the cash rate will remain on hold through 2019 and also the following year. That means a whole generation of mortgage holders could go an entire decade without seeing official rates rise, although they will have experienced out of cycle rate movements from lenders," Kolenda said.
RBA inactivity hasn't translated to an easy road for homebuyers. Out-of-cycle rate moves and tighter credit conditions have put the squeeze on property investors.
"Borrowers face a very challenging lending environment with banks toughening their lending criteria and conducting detailed examination of borrowers’ expenses and all forms of income used to service their repayments," Kolenda said.
The upside, Kolenda suggested, is that lenders are competing fiercely for borrowers' business. Property investors can still find sharp home loan deals.
We've scoured the Finder database to find December's cheapest investment loans. To ensure these loans would be suited to the average investor, we applied the following criteria:
- All loans have a minimum loan amount of $200,000 or less and a maximum loan amount of $500,000 or higher.
- All seven mortgages have maximum loan to value ratios of 80%, requiring a 20% deposit.
- We've also excluded lines of credit and construction loans.
- All product information is correct as of 10 December 2018.
You can find our cheapest loans in the table below. To learn more about investing strategies, read our in-depth guide.
Compare December's cheapest investor loans
After entering your details a mortgage broker from Aussie will call you. They will discuss your situation and help you find a suitable loan.
- A comparison of home loans from multiple lenders.
- Expert guidance through the entire application process.
- Free suburb and property reports.
The Adviser’s number 1 placed mortgage broker 8 years running (2013-2020)
- How will proposed “simpler credit” rules affect Australian borrowers?
- Borrowers are back: homebuyer lending rises 10% in July
- Australian borrowers could save up to $60,000 by refinancing right now
- Athena’s new home loan rates get lower as you pay your mortgage off
- House prices continue falling (slowly) across Australia
Compare Home Loans