Debt Busters Review
Eliminate feeling overwhelmed by debt and get your finances in order with help from Debt Busters.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Debt Busters offers personalised debt solutions and can provide a range of services such as budgeting, personal loans, debt consolidation, mortgage refinancing and many more. It offers tailored debt solutions that address unique circumstances and can help clients refinance their current debt situation. Having been in operation since 2005, Debt Busters has saved its clients more than $89.6 million in debt repayments.
Main points to consider with Debt Busters
You can use Debt Busters to help you get your budget on track as well as consolidate your debts through debt agreements and personal loans. You can apply for a loan of up to 5,000 to consolidate your debts and benefit from flexible repayment terms. Once approved, you can expect the funds to be in your account within 24 hours
Features of Debt Busters
Some of the features that come with Debt Busters include:
- Variety of solutions. Ranging from budgeting advice to personal loans, Debt Busters has it all under one roof when it comes to managing your debt. No matter what you need help with, whether it’s handling your overdue accounts or figuring out a weekly budget to help you make your repayments, Debt Busters may have a solution for you.
- Ten years experience. Debt Busters has been helping Australians get themselves out of debt for ten years.
- Personalised plans. Debt Busters offers personalised and tailored debt solution plans to your unique and individual circumstances. Although you might worry that your situation is too unique, Debt Busters will work with you in order to find a solution that helps you get out of debt faster.
- Access to over 35 lenders. As they have been around for ten years, Debt Busters has access to over 35 lenders that include some of the Big Four banks, such as Commonwealth Bank, National Australia Bank (NAB), ANZ and Westpac.
- Judgement-free. Debt Busters offer judgement-free consultations and will work hard to help you change your current circumstances. No matter what situation you’re in, you can guarantee that they’ve encountered it before and will use their expertise to help you.
What debt solutions are available?
Some of the solutions available through Debt Busters include:
- Debt agreements. This is a legally binding agreement between you and your creditors which allows you to pay one fixed weekly, fortnightly or monthly amount based on what you can afford rather than what you owe. Your creditors agree to freeze your outstanding balance and discontinue charging you further fees and interest. However, this option will negatively impact your credit rating for the next five years.
- Debt negotiation. This involves Debt Busters speaking to your creditors directly and becoming your creditors’ contact. Debt Busters will negotiate the debt amount and new terms for payback to your creditors and then you will repay your debt on your terms with the help of a payment plan.
- Mortgage refinancing. This is an option that allows you to refinance your mortgage to consolidate your debt into one regular payment. You benefit from a lower interest rate than a credit card and a personal loan.
- Informal payment arrangement. This works similarly to a debt agreement but isn’t considered an act of bankruptcy. It will not go on your credit file and is a positive way to settle debt.
- Debt consolidation. This allows you to consolidate all of your debts into one loan and reduce your monthly payments into one payment for all of your debts. However, it’s important to note that it takes longer to pay off your consolidated debts and you are likely to pay more interest over the longer term.
How to apply with Debt Busters
In order to apply with Debt Busters, click on “Go to Site” and ensure you meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be in debt
Some of the documents you need to provide include:
- An accurate record of your current financial history. This includes assets, debts, income and expenses. This can include bank statements, recent payslips, purchase receipts etc.
- Credit cards or debit cards statements This is to ensure that Debt Busters has a fair and accurate picture of all of your debts. If you use credit cards or store cards, be sure to pull the statements from here and let them know what you need help with when it comes to getting out of debt.
Using Debt Busters to get out of debt might solve your financial problems. However, consider and compare other lenders and the loans that they offer before making a final decision.
Need help solving debt issues?
Whilst we don't directly compare Debt Busters, compare other companies offering similar solutions.
Fox Symes Debt SolutionsFox Symes offers a range of debt consolidation options to help you if you're struggling with multiple debts.
More guides on Finder
Citi Rewards Card – Exclusive Offer
Take advantage of a 0% balance transfer offer for 30 months and a discounted annual fee for the first year with this exclusive Citi Rewards credit card offer.
Pepper Money No Fee Personal Loan Review
Find out more about Pepper Money's no fee personal loan and benefit from a competitive rate from 6.95% p.a., zero fees and loan terms of up to 7 years.
Financial Fitness Challenge Week 2: Check and improve your credit score
Understand your credit score with the Finder Financial Fitness Challenge.
Free Loan Agreement Templates (Australia)
Learn how to write a loan agreement and find out where you can get free legal templates.
Square Payments & Payroll review Australia
Square offers simple ways for businesses to accept card payments, along with a range of other services including payroll.
Macquarie Bank business loans
Macquarie Bank is a trusted independent global financial services group offering a wide range of business loans for a variety of purposes. Find the right loan for your business here.
Personal loans for laptops
Find out everything you need to know about getting a loan for your laptop purchase, including what's available, if you're eligible and how to compare.
Deed of Debt Forgiveness templates (Australia)
Take the hassle out of drafting a Deed of Debt Forgiveness document with a free legal template.
LegalVision review: What’s offered and how much does it cost?
We've compared and reviewed one of Australia's popular online legal service providers, so you can work out if it's the platform to help your business.
Podcast: Tax time tips for EOFY 2020
Finder experts explain how to claim home office expenses on your 2020 tax return, tips for new investors and how to get the most out of the EOFY sales in 2020.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 25.69% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 9.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 10.88% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.95% p.a. and 17.95% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Make additional repayments or pay off the loan early, penalty-free.
Ask an Expert