There are major savings to be had come Boxing Day 2019 and David Jones is top of the list when it comes to nabbing a bargain.
Boxing Day has always been the biggest day of trade for retail giant David Jones, and this year will be no exception. You can expect to see prices slashed across all categories from fashion and footwear to homewares and technology. Grab your credit card and read on below to find out how you can prepare yourself for a Boxing Day sale shopping spree. Or you can see all the Boxing Day sales on the Boxing Day sales main page.
Image: Instagram user davidjonesstore
David Jones Boxing Day sales and other deals on now
Popular David Jones coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|18 Jun 2019||Up to 30% off selected beauty||********|
|17 Jun 2019||Up to 50% off homewares, bedding, electrical and more||********|
|17 Jun 2019||Extra 50% off sale women's fashion, shoes & accessories||********|
|14 Jun 2019||Up to 60% off fashion, shoes & accessories||********|
|4 Jun 2019||30% off or more on Ellery, Balenciaga & more||********|
What products does David Jones sell and what is typically on sale?
David Jones is a department store stocking everything from clothing and footwear to bags, accessories, beauty products, electrical appliances and homewares. The Boxing Day clearance sale will see discounts across all categories.
What sort of discounts does David Jones have?
Traditionally, heavy clearance sales would kick off on Boxing Day, but increasingly competitive deals among retailers have pushed sales forward each year. Previous sales have included 30% off perfumes and cosmetic gift sets, 20-30% off womenswear, 60% off sheets and 40% off luggage.
Will the Boxing Day sale include designer brands?
Yes, absolutely. Boxing Day is a prime time for brands to have a clearance on previous seasons stock to make room for newer collections. You will see hefty discounts in David Jones across Australian and international designers.
Trading hours during the Christmas period
Each David Jones store varies in the trading times during the Christmas period, to see a comprehensive guide across each state click here. The Boxing Day trading hours are yet to be announced.
Information about David Jones
David Jones first opened in Sydney in 1838, making it both the oldest department store in Australia and the oldest department store in the world operating under the original name. Fast forward to today, David Jones has become a household name that is firmly cemented as a brand catering to Aussie’s nationwide.
Benefits of buying online and in-store
When it comes to Boxing Day sales, retail stores go into a moment of mayhem. By shopping online you will avoid the mass crowds and madness surrounding the day. Being prepared and shopping from the comfort of your couch will guarantee you a fuss-free experience.
Tips and tricks for shopping the Boxing Day sales 2019
Grab your notepad and pen. This is important.
- Subscribe to the finder.com.au newsletter. By signing up to receive our newsletter you will be kept in the loop with all deals and information around this year's Boxing Day sales. You’ll find the email subscription box below.
- Set yourself a budget, and stick to it! The most important rule before you start your Boxing Day sale shopping spree- decide on what you can afford and don’t overspend. It’s easy to get caught up in the moment and splurge on things you don’t really need.
- Make a list. Take a minute or two to go through your home and take note of what you’re missing. This is the time to buy new cutlery, splurge on the fancy surround sound system you’ve wanted and acquire what’s missing from your fashion #musthave list.
- Add to your wishlist in advance. If you’re serious about Boxing Day sales, do yourself a favour and spend the time going through the website in advance. Come the morning of the sale you’ll be able to process your order right away - eliminating the chance of missing sell-out items.
Similar stores to shop at during the Boxing Day sales:
Treat yourself to a Christmas shopping spree with one of the coupon codes below.
- The fashion pieces to buy before your friends do this Boxing Day 2018
- Best Boxing Day sales for homewares and furniture 2018
- Boxing Day 2019: Best tech buys if you know nothing about tech
- The cult beauty products to buy during the Boxing Day sales 2018
- The best fashion sales with free shipping worth shopping this Boxing Day 2018