DJ's shoppers, Qantas Frequent Flyers, or Membership Rewards collectors can benefit from bonus points and a high earn rate with the David Jones American Express Platinum.
When it comes to redeeming points with the David Jones American Express Platinum Card, you can do so either through the Membership Rewards program or the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. Depending on the program you choose, you can enjoy 50,000 bonus Membership Reward Points or 37,500 bonus Qantas Points when you join.
To get these bonus points, all you have to do is use your card anywhere other than David Jones three times in the first month. You can get up to 4 additional cards without having to pay an additional fee.
|Product Name||David Jones American Express Platinum Card|
|Rewards Program||Membership Rewards|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||20.74% p.a.|
|Offer end date||19 August 2018|
|Annual fee||$295 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Card Type||American Express|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (AMEX)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$295 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2.5% or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$30|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4|
- Receive 50,000 Membership Rewards points or 37,500 Qantas Points when you spend outside of David Jones three times in the first month.
- Earn up to 4 Membership Rewards points (3 Qantas Points) per $1 spent.
- This card comes with extended warranty and complimentary travel insurances.
- Request up to 4 additional cardholders at no extra cost.
- There are only up to 44 days interest-free on purchases, as opposed to most cards with 55 days.
|Rewards Program||Membership Rewards|
|Bonus Points||50,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (AMEX)||1|
|Rewards Points per $ (AMEX) Cap||Uncapped|
Benefits of using a David Jones American Express Platinum
- Bonus points. If you opt for Membership Rewards points, you will receive 50,000 bonus points when you spend outside of David Jones 3 times within the first month of card activation. If you opt for Qantas Points, you will receive 37,500 bonus frequent flyer points.
- Rewards program. Shopping at David Jones earns 4 rewards points (3 Qantas Points) for every dollar spent. When spending at major petrol stations and supermarkets, you’ll earn 3 reward points (2.25 Qantas Points) for every dollar you spend. All other transactions earn you 1 reward point (0.75 Qantas Points) for every dollar spent, uncapped.
- David Jones in-store benefits. Expect complimentary priority delivery of items you buy in-store to your doorstep on the next business day, and alterations on all apparel for men and women that you buy in-store are free. Cardholders get exclusive invites to special VIP events like the Season Launch Fashion Parades, and if you're buying a gift you can enjoy complimentary gift wrapping. A unique Christmas-deferred payment option gives you the ability to delay payments for purchases made between 1 November and 24 December until the following February.
- Complimentary airport lounge passes. You'll receive two complimentary entries to the American Express Lounge at Sydney International Airport or Melbourne International Airport per year.
- Complimentary insurances. When you use this card to book tickets for flights you will receive complimentary travel insurance. This covers emergency medical expenses, personal liability, travel cancellation, as well as loss of money, documents, and baggage. Buyers Advantage extends manufacturer warranty on eligible items that you pay for using this card.
- Fraud and purchase protection. If you contact American Express as soon as you find out about unauthorised transactions, you will not be held responsible for making payments for the same. Purchase protection helps if you lose, damage, or break an item you purchase using this card within 90 days.
- Additional cardholders. Rack up points for other people's spending with up to 4 additional cardholders for $0 each.
- Digital wallets. If you have an eligible smartphone, you can use your David Jones Amex Platinum card to make contactless payments using your smartphone courtesy of Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay.
Features of the David Jones American Express Platinum Card
- Redeeming points. Redeeming accumulated Rewards Points through Membership Rewards gives you the option to receive gift cards, shop online, and use these points to redeem movie and concert tickets, travel rewards, or choose from frequent flyer programs from nine different airline partners. If you want to redeem your points through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, you can look forward to Awards flights and flight upgrades. You can also shop for gift cards and merchandise through the online Qantas store.
- Transfer reward points into frequent flyer points. With the David Jones American Express Platinum Card you can transfer points into David Jones current partners, this includes: British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Delta Air Lines, Etihad Airways, Emirates, Japan Airlines, LAN Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, United and Virgin Australia.
- Interest-free period. You can get up to 44 interest-free days on purchases, but this depends on when you make the purchase as well as your billing date.
- Annual fee. This card attracts an annual fee of $295.
- Buyers advantage. Allows you to extend the manufacturer's warranty for up to 12 months on eligible purchases.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Covers categories such as:
- Medical emergency expenses cover (excess of $250 per claim)
- Baggage, money and documents cover (excess of $250 per claim)
- Personal liability cover (excess of $50 per claim)
- Travel cancellation cover (excess of $250 per claim)
- Complimentary Starwood membership. Receive free enrolment into the Starwood Preferred Guest program and transfer 1 Membership Reward points for 0.5 Starpoints.
How to apply for the David Jones American Express Platinum Card
You can initiate the application process for the David Jones American Express Platinum Card online by clicking ‘Go to site’. An online application takes around 10-15 minutes to complete. To apply, you should meet certain eligibility criteria, which include the following:
- You're over 18 years old.
- You're an Australian citizen, or a permanent Australian resident, or are here on a subclass 457 – Business Long Stay Visa.
- Your annual pre-tax gross income is at least $65,000 p.a.
To complete the application you have to submit various personal, work-related, and financial information, which can include the following:
- Your name, phone number, email address, and mailing address
- Your employer's name and contact details
- Details about your annual income from all sources
- Details about loans or other credit cards you might have
While this credit card is an attractive option for people who enjoy shopping at David Jones, know that you've got a few other options from which to choose, so make sure you compare them before making your decision.Back to top