Crunching data like a CERN reactor
Hold up! Before you read on, we'd like to know a few things about you first.
Yes on all counts? Perfect! You're just who we want to work with us at finder.com.au!
finder.com.au, the 2nd largest Australian financial comparison website, is seeking a Data Scientist GENIUS in order to do what it is considered "The hottest job in the 21st century" and deliver impact to the bottom line.
Minus the square root, carry the two ...
- Conversion, Conversion & Conversion - Why doesn't someone convert at different stages of the funnel? Optimise conversion rates with ideas, changes and briefs
- A/B Landing Page Tests
- Crunching core insight questions about the business that impact revenue directly
- Margin Maximisation
- Customer Acquisition and Retargeting
- Dynamic Dashboard Creation - Discover and publish the numbers that make a difference.
A data-driven thinker that can apply novel solutions to problems using innovation: you make the data prove the results. You think logically and analytically. You should be eager to learn more, be curious about finding new insights and proving them with data. You need to be able to communicate the data’s results to get other parts of the business to take the required actions and impact profit.
- Highly analytical mindset
- Ability to dissect large volumes of data to prove insights
- Excellent SQL, NoSQL, Excel and scripting skills
- Excellent understanding of web analytics and online marketing metrics
- Experience (1-2 years) is valued, but not necessary
- Good understanding of the theory behind statistical significance and ability to provide statistical modeling from large sets of data
- Providing actionable insights to improve business outcomes
- Tertiary degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Math, Physics or a related field. MS or PhD a plus
As the ideal candidate, you have a strong background in the combination of technical and statistical skills, analytical thinking and business acumen: you are a hybrid Analyst and Software Engineer with a laser-like focus on data analysis, persuasion and powerful programming.
As a Data Scientist you have a firm grasp on relational databases, know how to use machine learning and data mining techniques to gain unexpected insights and applying sophisticated data modeling techniques to identify underlying trends and patterns.
finder.com.au - your new family
Working in our modern open office right in the heart of the city centre, you will have free access to our Happiness Kitchen which is always stocked with plenty of food, snacks, drinks, fresh juices and fresh fruit.
You will be immersed in a lively and stimulating environment where everyone is driven by the common denominator of being number 1 in our market.
To apply, send an email to iWantin@finder.com.au addressed to Fred Schebesta with your resume, a short cover letter outlining a few past projects and skills of yours and answers to the following questions:
- If you put 3 black balls and 2 white balls into a hat. What is the % chance of pulling out a black then a white ball in a row?
- Who is going to win the 2013 Australian election and why?
- What is the percentage of space the finder.com.au logo takes up on its homepage?
- How many piano tuners are there in Australia?
- Write a pseudocode query to eliminate duplicate values from a data set
- There are two rooms separated by a wall, one room has three lamps, the other one has three switches. How do you find out which switch is for which lamp if you are only allowed to look at other room once?
- You have a balance scale and 12 coins, 1 of which is fake and weighs differently to the others. The fake weighs less. How do you determine the counterfeit in 3 weightings?
- What is your superpower?
- Why do you want to work for finder.com.au?
All successful applicants will be replied to promptly. Unfortunately, we do not have time to answer every application, but we will take everyone under consideration and thank you for your efforts.