We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Dashlane codes and deals
What you need to know about Dashlane
Dashlane is a personal password manager that keeps all of your logins securely in one place. You will only need to remember one password and Dashlane will do the rest to autofill your login details when you sign in to a site. Dashlane also analyses your existing logins for weak passwords and helps you create safe ones with its password generator. In addition to being a password manager, Dashlane has digital wallet capabilities, a built-in VPN and monitors for compromised data.
How do you use Dashlane?
The free Dashlane app can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play. There is also a browser extension available which enables the autofill capabilities for sites with a saved Dashlane login.
Getting started on Dashlane is easy. You only need to set one master password which unlocks all of the passwords in Dashlane. Make sure this master password is unique and secure, but also something that you would remember.
From there, Dashlane will let you add personal information such as name and phone number to fill in online sign-ups that you will come across. When everything is set up, you will be able to click on the Dashlane icon for any login field, choose the correct account and Dashlane will automatically log you into your account.
What you get from Dashlane
Dashlane comes in three different versions: free, premium and business.
- Free allows you to manage up to 50 passwords on 1 device only.
- Premium gives users unlimited password storage and allows you to sync across multiple devices. Additional features include autofill, VPN and personalised security alerts. Fees are US$3.33 per month. Use our link here to get Dashlane premium free for six months.
- Business includes all of the features in the premium plan in addition to team management tools such as secure password sharing with groups. For organisations with over 50 users, a customer success manager from Dashlane will be available to help with any questions.
Dashlane review: Pros and cons
- Secure. Dashlane has its own US patent for its security architecture as well as the strongest encryption to ensure data is safe. In addition, it has built-in two-factor authentication when accessing new devices.
- Saves time. From its autofill feature to its password generator, Dashlane makes it quick and easy to manage all of your logins.
- Personalised alerts. Dashlane provides personalised alerts if it detects any leaked or stolen data.
- Free plan is very limited. The free plan for Dashlane only allows you to store 50 passwords and these are only accessible from 1 device.
- Price. Dashlane premium can get very expensive.
- Limited Customer Support. There is a help centre with various articles, FAQs and a customer support bot, but it may get difficult to talk to a real person about customer service enquiries. Only business accounts with over 50 users have a dedicated customer success manager.
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day 2021 Australia: Early deals on now
Amazon Prime Day 2021 officially starts on June 21 - or does it? Here's a stack of early-bird deals you can get right now.
Amazon Prime Day top beauty buys: 40% off FOREO, GHD, L’Oreal
From makeup to skincare to haircare, these are the hot beauty offers we're expecting to see this Prime Day.
Paul Gallen vs Justis Huni: Fight time and how to watch live online
Undefeated heavyweight Justis Huni and former NRL star Paul Gallen will square off in what's being called Termination Day.
eBay kitchen EOFY sale: 75% off with these discount codes
Score up to 75% off cookwares and kitchen appliances when you add these 'hidden' discount codes during the eBay EFOY sale.
Why did the Coca Cola (NYSE:KO) share price drop?
Shares in the beverage maker had lifted nearly 15% since February.
Amazon Prime Day: Top hacks for Australians in the 2021 sales
From when to shop to how to split the cost of your purchase, we’ve got you covered this Prime Day.
How to invest in the Charger Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Charger Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Editor’s Picks from the Nasty Gal x We The Wild Ones new edit
Ultimate cool gals Lucy and Nikki just dropped the rock n roll edit of our dreams and here's how you can get 60% off at the checkout.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: Amazon Prime Day early-bird deals, 25% off Lenovo Chromebooks, Bose audio clearance.
How to invest in the PEXA Group IPO
Everything we know about the PEXA Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert