Free Dashlane Premium for 6 Months
Dashlane codes and deals
What you need to know about Dashlane
Dashlane is a personal password manager that keeps all of your logins securely in one place. You will only need to remember one password and Dashlane will do the rest to autofill your login details when you sign in to a site. Dashlane also analyses your existing logins for weak passwords and helps you create safe ones with its password generator. In addition to being a password manager, Dashlane has digital wallet capabilities, a built-in VPN and monitors for compromised data.
How do you use Dashlane?
The free Dashlane app can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play. There is also a browser extension available which enables the autofill capabilities for sites with a saved Dashlane login.
Getting started on Dashlane is easy. You only need to set one master password which unlocks all of the passwords in Dashlane. Make sure this master password is unique and secure, but also something that you would remember.
From there, Dashlane will let you add personal information such as name and phone number to fill in online sign-ups that you will come across. When everything is set up, you will be able to click on the Dashlane icon for any login field, choose the correct account and Dashlane will automatically log you into your account.
What you get from Dashlane
Dashlane comes in three different versions: free, premium and business.
- Free allows you to manage up to 50 passwords on 1 device only.
- Premium gives users unlimited password storage and allows you to sync across multiple devices. Additional features include autofill, VPN and personalised security alerts. Fees are US$3.33 per month. Use our link here to get Dashlane premium free for six months.
- Business includes all of the features in the premium plan in addition to team management tools such as secure password sharing with groups. For organisations with over 50 users, a customer success manager from Dashlane will be available to help with any questions.
Dashlane review: Pros and cons
- Secure. Dashlane has its own US patent for its security architecture as well as the strongest encryption to ensure data is safe. In addition, it has built-in two-factor authentication when accessing new devices.
- Saves time. From its autofill feature to its password generator, Dashlane makes it quick and easy to manage all of your logins.
- Personalised alerts. Dashlane provides personalised alerts if it detects any leaked or stolen data.
- Free plan is very limited. The free plan for Dashlane only allows you to store 50 passwords and these are only accessible from 1 device.
- Price. Dashlane premium can get very expensive.
- Limited Customer Support. There is a help centre with various articles, FAQs and a customer support bot, but it may get difficult to talk to a real person about customer service enquiries. Only business accounts with over 50 users have a dedicated customer success manager.
More guides on Finder
Nintendo Switch OLED vs Switch vs Switch Lite: Parent’s Guide
Which console is best for you? The Switch OLED or Normal Switch or Lite Switch?
UFC 270 Ngannou vs Gane: Get live Australian stream here
Heavyweight superstars Francis Ngannou and Cyril Gane meet in UFC 270.
Ethereum price plummets as crypto industry’s combined market cap drops by 10% within hours
With the total market cap of the crypto sector dropping by a whopping 10% within the last few hours, it seems as though the coming few days could be highly volatile for ETH.
Back to school laptops: Buying guide
What are the things to watch out for when buying your child's first laptop?
Bitcoin price dips below key level as Russia prepares for a blanket crypto ban
As Russia gets ready to outlaw its local crypto market, BTC could be faced with even greater volatility in the near future.
How to watch UFC 270 Ngannou vs Gane online and start time in Australia
Heavyweight stars Fancis Ngannou and Cyril Gane headline UFC 270.
Why has the Rio Tinto share price dropped today?
Shares in Rio Tinto have climbed more than 15% in the last month.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Stanmore Coal (SMR ↑5.2%), Kelly Partners Group Holdings (KPG ↑3.3%)
Here are the 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Friday 21 January 2022.
Beauty Product of the Week: Gisou Honey Infused Leave-In Conditioner
This leave-in conditioner transformed my unwashed mop into silky locks that would make Rapunzel envious.
Ask an Expert