Cheap flights to Darwin and Top End for 2020
Everything you need to know about flying in and out of Darwin and Top End.
Darwin International Airport is the busiest airport in the Northern Territory, offering direct flights to dozens of international and domestic destinations.
Use this guide to navigate your way around Darwin's ground transport and find out which airlines fly into and out of Darwin Airport.
See our latest Darwin and Top End flight flight deals
How much you can expect to pay for cheap flights to Darwin
Here's what's considered to be a good deal compared to the average cost of a domestic flight to Darwin and Top End.
Brisbane to Darwin flights
Perth to Darwin flights
Sydney to Darwin flights
Melbourne to Darwin flights
Darwin flight time
- From Brisbane: Approximately 4 hrs 10 mins + when flying direct to Darwin International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 3 hrs 30 mins + when flying direct to Darwin International Airport
- From Sydney: Approximately 4 hrs 35 mins + when flying direct to Darwin International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 4 hrs 15 mins + when flying direct to Darwin International Airport
Airlines that fly to Darwin
- Virgin Australia
Darwin insider flight tips
- Darwin International Airport is the closest commercial airport to the vicinity. It is located 11km from the city centre.
- The airport serves as a gateway for people visiting the Northern Territory and travellers going to and from Southeast Asia.
How to get around Darwin from the airport
The airport shuttle bus services provide door-to-door transfers starting from $15 one way. Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Redspot and Thrifty are the car rental companies available at the Arrivals area on the ground floor of the terminal. You can book in advance with Jayride, or take an Uber or taxi from the airport to your accommodation.
Ask an Expert