Darwin crocodile tours and encounters compared
Find ideas and discounts on Crocosaurus Cove activities in Darwin.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If you’re visiting Darwin and want to take the opportunity to get up close and personal with some mighty native crocodiles, then Crocosaurus Cove is the place to go.
Located at the heart of the city, it’s home to the world’s largest display of Australian reptiles and the only place in the country where you can dive with crocodiles (if you dare).
There are other reptiles too, including turtles, snakes and cousins of the lizard. Experience some really unique activities whether you’re visiting alone, in a group or with family.
Crocosaurus activities include diving with crocodiles, feeding them and holding them – thanks to the experts at hand, you can get closer than you’d ever dare to in the wild! Crocosaurus Cove is open every day from 9am to 6pm and only closes on Christmas Day.
Our top picks: Darwin crocodile tours you can book now:
Best for price (cheapest): Crocodile and Reptile Encounter at Crocosaurus Cove from RedBalloon
- Spend a day with hundreds of crocs at Crocosaurus Cove for just $35
- Swim within a spine’s length of a crocodile in the glass-sided viewing pool
- Have a go at feeding juvenile crocs
- Discover what makes crocodiles tick in the museum
Best for value (combo of good price, bonus extras, time in air etc): Crocodile Tour and Feed at Crocosaurus Cove from RedBalloon
- Enjoy a full day at Crocosaurus Cove and a 60-minute tour for $79
- Take home a survivor lanyard as a souvenir
- Take part in the big croc feeding show
- Hold critters from the Top End
Best for crocodile cruises: Darwin Jumping Crocodiles Cruise on Adelaide River from Viator
- Spend five-hours searching for salties on the Adelaide River
- Watch how they launch themselves from the water when food is around
- Learn about the primeval creatures at Window on the Wetlands Visitor Centre
- Explore Fogg Dam Conservation Reserve
Best for crocodile diving: Swim With Crocodiles in the Cage Of Death and Cove Entry - Darwin, NT from Adrenaline
- Brave the Cage of Death at Crocosaurus Cove
- Enter the acrylic clear-sided cage and ready yourself to be lowered into the crocodile pool
- Swim about in the cage as gargantuan crocs swim centimetres from your face
- Test your mettle with a full 15 minutes in the enclosure
Best for kids: Crocodile Feeding Experience - Darwin from Adrenaline
- Spend a whole day at Crocosaurus Cove
- Hold critters from the Top End
- Get express entry to the Fishing for Crocs platform
- Dip your feet in the aquarium where whiprays and sawfish swim
Darwin crocodile tour companies compared
|Adrenaline River Cruises, Jumping Croc Cruise||Get up close to five-foot crocs and watch them jump for food. Cold drinks included||Five hours with transfers from Darwin||$95||Viator|
|Crocosaurus Cove||Park entry, tours and feeding experiences||Full day||From $35||Adrenaline, RedBalloon|
|Spectacular||River cruises to see jumping crocodiles||One hour||$45||Spectacular|
Discounts available for Darwin crocodile tours:
More guides on Finder
9 Northern Territory road trip itineraries for epic outback adventures
Hit the open outback road and explore some of the NT's most scenic national parks, waterfalls and hot springs.
Holiday homes in Darwin
Escape to the top end with a range of holiday homes to suit any traveller.
7 unforgettable South Australian family holiday destinations
Sort your itinerary and your accommodation in one hit with our top spots to take the family in South Australia.
6 Northern Territory family holiday destinations that are truly unforgettable
These kid-friendly destinations in the NT are the perfect way to introduce kids to the stunning territory, from the Top End to the Red Centre, including a list of our favourite swimming spots for the ultimate cool down.
Best places to visit in the Northern Territory in 2021
Unique cultural experiences and picturesque natural wonders await in these six destinations. Plus, our top picks on the territory's best camp sites.
Northern Territory travel restrictions | Where you can go in June 2021
Everything you need to know about accommodation, attractions, national parks and transport to safely travel around the NT.
10 things to do in Rotorua in 2021
With so many activities and experiences on offer to keep you busy while visiting Rotorua, we've narrowed down our top 10.
Boxing Day sightseeing and activities deals for 2021
Score up to 75% off experiences worldwide, including skydiving, scenic cruises, sightseeing passes and more this Boxnig Day 2021.
Darwin Harbour cruises
Whether you're looking to relax and take in Darwin's scenery, learn about the city's history or appreciate the picturesque sunset views, Darwin's harbour cruises are sure to impress
Whale watching in Nelson Bay
Scope out the whale watching cruises available in Nelson Bay, so you can experience humpback whales up close.
Ask an Expert