D-Link COVR-1102 AC1200 Seamless Mesh Wi-Fi System review
Quick verdict: With solid throughput and the interoperability of EasyMesh support, D-Link's COVR-1102 provides good value for money for those looking for a long-term mesh Wi-Fi solution.
- EasyMesh certified for compatibility with other brands
- Good throughput for a two-node system
- EasyMesh devices are currently limited
- Doesn't quite live up to its range claims
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
D-Link's been in the mesh router market for some time, and we've previously tested and reviewed prior models such as the COVR-2202 and the COVR-1203, finding them to be reasonably priced but not quite up to the speed mark set by competing mesh networking products.
The D-Link COVR-1102 AC1200 makes up for a lot of lost ground in this respect, providing more coverage and speed than we've seen out of prior D-Link products, along with the promise of future interoperability with competing products as long as they use the EasyMesh standard, making them a very good prospect for those looking to extend their home or office Wi-Fi network.
- Simple white cube design
- Dual Internet and Ethernet jacks
- Single status light
- App-led install mostly works well
- Takes around 30 minutes to set up two mesh points
- Good performance for two mesh points
- Alexa or Google voice integration
- EasyMesh promises good interoperability
- Range isn't quite what it claims
- Very impressive two-node throughput
Should you buy it?
The D-Link COVR-1102 is easily the best of D-Link's COVR systems I've reviewed to date, and it very solidly throws down the gauntlet in terms of network coverage for a two-node system. The inclusion of EasyMesh adds flexibility without tying you to a single vendor, although right now actual EasyMesh products are rather thin on the ground.
Pricing and availability
The D-Link COVR-1102 AC1200 sells in Australia for $299.95 as a two-node system
FTTP / FTTC/ HFC / Satellite / Fixed Wireless