Cuba tours and where to book them for a bargain
Get to know Cuba like the locals do with fascinating group tours that explore Havana and beyond.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Cuba is one of those rare countries that is still relatively untouched. Although European and Canadian tourists have been flocking to its beach resorts for decades, its cities were left for only true adventurers.
Today the cities have been opened up via tours, helping tourists delve deep into the country’s colonial past, showing off its architecture and putting you in touch with locals.
Whether adventure, beaches, history or a mix of all is your thing, we’ve broken down your options by interest, travel style, budget and more so you get the most out of your trip abroad.
Our top 4 tour companies for Cuba
Small groups, eco tourists, giving back to community and more, G Adventures is one company that is supportive not only of its travellers but the areas that they bring visitors to. G Adventures will take you around Cuba and beyond for a trip suited to your travel style, from classic to active and everything in between.
- Best for: Eco tourists, small groups.
- Cost: Mid-range.
- Our favourite itinerary: We love the Cuban Rhythms tour which combines the history and city sites with natural landscapes and adventures such as hiking and snorkelling.
Offering group and private tours focussed on history, wildlife and people, Simply Cuba Tours is for the traveller (not the tourist) in you.
Its owner Yoanis comes with 14 years of experience guiding visitors around the island. And with his extensive knowledge of trekking and bird watching, you're bound to learn a thing or two on your Cuban adventure.
- Best for: Outdoor adventures, wildlife encounters, small groups.
- Cost: Mid-range.
- Our favourite itinerary: For first timers, the classic Simply Cuba tour has it all. This 14-day tour is family friendly covers the island's highlights taking you to Havana, Trinidad, Cienfugos, Playa Larga, Sora, Las Terrazas and Vinales. It includes a cruise in a class car, snorkelling, zip lining and salsa lesson.
The world's largest small group adventure tour leader is also one of the most eco-friendly in the world.
Intrepid brings adventurers of all ages and levels to destinations across the globe for small and action-packed tours.
- Best for: Active travellers, small groups.
- Cost: Mid-range.
- Our favourite itinerary: The Cuba Explorer is ideal for travellers wanting to get a deeper sense of Cuba, its history, architecture and its scenic sites in just 10 days.
Tap into budget-friendly tours that let you live the local life via local homestays and independent self-guided tours with Bamba Experience.
- Best for: Local living.
- Cost: Budget.
- Our favourite itinerary: The Cuba Express Homestay Experience is an 8-day blitz across three cities that’s friendly on the wallet. It costs $124 per day, which includes accommodation, breakfast and transport.
Other tour companies that offer tours in Cuba
Best Cuba tour company for...
- Cuban Adventures: Cuban Adventures has local tour leaders that give visitors an authentic and true Cuban experience.
- Intrepid: Intrepid focuses on small group tours that are environmentally friendly and offer tours catered to all activity levels.
- G Adventures: G Adventures connects people to locals and brings small groups to destinations catering to many travel styles.
- G Adventures: G Adventures has a number of sailing Cuba tours so you can explore the coast and Havana with the wind in your hair.
- Scenic: This luxury cruise line has a 13-day tour around the islands which calls in at Long Island, Mayaguana Island, Santiago de Cuba, Casilda, Havana and more.
- Intrepid: Intrepid has one sailing tour that was built with minimal stops for maximum relaxation and exploration time.
- Explore!: Explore! offers small group adventure tours with a number of cycling tours in Cuba that include highlights, backroads, beaches and more.
- ExperiencePlus! Bicycle Tours: Find cycling tours across the world with ExperiencePlus! Bicycle Tours, with 2 founders who were named 2 of the world’s top 10 guides by National Geographic Traveler.
- WoWCuba: Find cycling tours all across Cuba both on and off the beaten path with a focus on authentic experiences.
- G Adventures: G Adventures has strived for years to be eco-conscious and it’s no different with its small group tours throughout Cuba that connect you to communities and the environment.
- Gondwana Ecotours: Gondwana Ecotours only offers one tour in Cuba but it’s one of only a few eco-friendly tour companies in Cuba. It offers sustainable travel for groups and families.
- Cuba Nature Travel: Cuba Nature Travel has a large selection of tours that include a focus on everything from diving to fishing, birdwatching to trekking and more.
Popular Cuba tour routes
Most tours of Cuba highlight western Cuba with tours beginning in Havana and moving towards popular spots such as Las Terrazas, Soroa and Vinales. It gives visitors a good mix of Cuba’s larger cities, natural scenery and colonial history.
Western Cuba from TourRadar
Explore the historical past of Havana, learn how to salsa dance in Vinales, immerse yourself and learn about Afro-Cuban culture, stop by local farms and float across waters from an undiscovered beach on a one-week tour of western Cuba.
- Tour company: Intrepid
- Best for: Cultural insights
- Length of tour: 7 days
Central Cuba tours dive deep into some of the most popular spots in Cuba which the majority starting from Havana with stops in Santa Clara and Trinidad. Like western Cuba, central Cuba gives travellers the opportunity to delve more into the unique Cuban culture and cuisine, and provides direct access to beautiful waters along the coast with history added into the mix too.
Central Cuba Adventure from G Adventures
This tour explores Trinidad, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a spot for active travellers to jump into the water. Santa Clara gives visitors an inside look as to what happened during the revolution and Cienfuegos showcases a different side of Cuba that many pass by.
- Tour company:G Adventures
- Best for: A mixture of culture and history
- Length of tour: 8 days
How long do I need in Cuba?
Cuba is not a large country but getting between places can still take time. The good news is that a week in Cuba allows you to cover all of the must-see highlights of the most popular regions, either western or central Cuba.
Spend two weeks in Cuba and you’ll be able to explore more in-depth. If time allows, give yourself three weeks in the country and you’ll happily be able to see the entire country in-depth without rushing.
Best week-long tour:
8-Day Original from TourRadar
This eight-day tour of Cuba is ideal for travellers with limited time as it just touches base in western Cuba for the scenic highlights surrounding Vinales before heading to the coast and historic cities of Cienfuegos and Trinidad. It’s a true best of Cuba experience.
- Tour company: Cuban Adventures
- Best for: Visitors with a limited amount of time
- Places visited:Havana, Vinales, Bays of Pigs, Cienfuegos, Trinidad
Best 2-week trip:
Cuba Libra and Sailing from G Adventures
This tour was made for adventure lovers. Get the chance to explore western Cuba and its scenic valley surrounding Vinales before heading east to learn about the history and then sailing off to Cuba’s most untouched islands for a truly idyllic holiday.
- Tour company: G Adventures
- Best for: Adventurers
- Places visited: Havana, Soroa, Vinales, Cienfuegos, Canarreos Archipelago
Grand Cuba from TourRadar
This tour will really take you for a spin around Cuba for three weeks of in-depth exploration that includes a Spanish lesson, trekking, city roaming, dramatic coastlines, national parks, off the beaten track beaches and more. Get to see the highlights and then dive deeper into Cuba’s troubled past and colourful culture.
- Tour company: Intrepid
- Best for: First-time visitors craving adventure and history
- Places visited: Havana, Cienfuegos, Trinidad, Camaguey, Santiago de Cuba, Baracoa, Soroa, Vinales, Cayo Jutias
Latest deals for Cuba tours, flights and more
Popular Travel coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|25 Jan 2021||$25 off Australia tandem skydives with code||25F****|
|20 Jan 2021||Up to 15% off Australia rentals||HOL****|
|14 Dec 2020||Get $20 credit||FIN****|
|2 Dec 2020||Up to 10% off international flights with code||MAS****|
|23 Oct 2020||$1 wine tastings in the Hunter Valley||WIN****|
More guides on Finder
Where to book virtual tours and experiences
Travel the world from your living room with online tours and experiences hosted by locals and experts. Here’s where to book them.
Best places to visit in South Australia
Discover tourist hotspots like Adelaide and Kangaroo Valley and best kept secrets such as the Yorke Peninsula and Mount Gambier on your next trip around South Australia.
Where to go in Adelaide
Venture through Adelaide’s city streets and beyond with this guide to help you find exactly what you’re looking for in and around this must-visit city.
8 travel companies where your deposit lasts a lifetime (or at least a long time)
Lock in your next adventure today with a tour deposit that you can use towards another date or a different destination if you need to change your plans later.
Top travel destinations and travel trends for 2020
The trending destinations and travel habits to look out for in the new year.
Top tours for young people that you should have on your radar if you’re 18-30 something
Explore the world alongside like-minded travellers with these top 18-35-year-old tour companies.
Best places to go for cruises in September
Cruising in September means warm weather through Australia's waterways. Here's where we recommend pulling up anchor for.
6 tour companies that let you book now and pay later
Take control of your finances with these tour companies that let you book now and pay later.
Cheap Travel Deals of the Week: Jetstar, AirAsia, Scoopon, Groupon, TourRadar
A Jetstar return for free sale, up to $100 off Groupon travel deals and $191 flights to Asia and more.
Cheap Travel Deals of the Week: Tigerair, Virgin Australia, TourRadar, Ola, Eurail
$40 domestic flights, up to 70% off tours worldwide, $20 off Ola rides and more.
Ask an Expert