CUA health insurance offers
If you’re looking for a fund and considering CUA, check out the offers and incentives.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
As Australia’s largest customer-owned financial services provider, CUA offers an extensive range of products and services to suit the needs of customers around Australia. This includes a wide variety of hospital and extras cover that provides protection for both the young and the old.
Current CUA offers for April 2021
What benefits would I get as a CUA member?
- Cover for kids until the age of 23. Your children are covered on family or single-parent policies until the age of 23 or 25 if they’re studying full time.
- Extra dental for kids. CUA extras provide additional benefits to help cover routine dental services for children. There is no-gap up to a total value of $250 per visit for two visits a year.
- Choose your own provider. CUA does not have any preferred providers, so you are free to choose any registered health care provider you want.
- Up to 20% off at OPSM. CUA Health members can take advantage of 20% off lenses and lens extras, 15% off non-prescription sunglasses, 10% off contact lenses purchased in-store and 5% off contact lenses purchased online.
- Up to 25% off at Specsavers. CUA Health Insurance members can enjoy 25% off a single pair of glasses from the Specsavers $149 or above range plus 20% off lens options and free digital retinal photography.
- Discount for CUA members. As of 4 April 2018, CUA is offering a 4% discount on health insurance if you pay your premiums via direct debit from a CUA transaction account.
- Discounts for CUA home loan customers. If you also have a CUA Rate Breaker Home Loan, you’re entitled to enjoy one month of free CUA Health insurance premiums each year.
- Increasing benefit limits. If you choose Total Extras, CUA Health’s top extras cover option, the maximum benefit limit for physio, chiro and Wellness Benefits increases each year for the first three years of cover.
- Range of excess options. CUA Health offers hospital cover policies with a range of excess options available. By choosing a policy with an excess you can enjoy lower premiums.
- Competitions. CUA Health members can also access exclusive competitions. For example, at the time of writing, customers who obtained a CUA Health email quote were automatically entered into a draw to win $5,000 off their CUA Home Loan.
What are the policy options?
CUA Health offers a large selection of hospital and extras policies so you can tailor health insurance cover to suit your needs. Its range of products includes:
- Hospital cover. You can choose from Basic Saver Plus Hospital, Bronze Plus Hospital, Standard Hospital (Silver Plus), Premium Hospital Non-Obstetrics (Silver Plus) and Premium Hospital (Gold).
- Extras cover. There are six levels of extras cover available from CUA Health: 50% Extras, Essential Extras, 60% Extras, Classic Extras, 75% Extras and Total Extras.
- Packaged cover. Healthy Start Package.
How to make a claim with CUA Health
If you need to lodge an extras claim, CUA Health offers several simple claiming methods:
- On the spot. You can swipe your CUA Health membership card on the spot when you visit a healthcare provider.
- Online. For claims of up to $300, you can simply log into your CUA Health membership online and upload a photo of your receipt.
- Via the CUA Health Mobile Claims app. You can also upload a receipt for claims of up to $300 using the CUA Health mobile app.
- In a branch. You can visit your nearest CUA branch to submit a health insurance claim.
- By fax. You can download and complete a claim form before submitting it, along with your receipt or invoice, to CUA Health.
- By mail. Completed claim forms and attached receipts can also be submitted to CUA Health by post.
- Health insurance costs rise from April 1: 5 ways to save
- 4.2 million Aussies are making a big health insurance mistake
- How does your health fund compare on 2021 price rises?
- Neglected your extras health insurance? Here’s how you could claim $500 back before 2021
- Huge progress as telehealth gets to stay post-Covid
- Millions of Aussies will pay more for health insurance from October
More guides on Finder
Optical inclusion: Extras cover the top reason for taking out health insurance, survey finds
Extras cover is the number one drawcard for Australians who take out private health cover, new research from Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site, reveals.
Going up: 4.6 million health insurance customers are missing out on potential savings
Millions of Australians could be missing out saving money on their health insurance policy, according to Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
4.1 million Australians may cut ties with their health insurance provider in 2021
Millions of Australians are shopping around for cheaper health insurance in the new year, according to new research by Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
What is insurance fraud, and how does it affect my home insurance?
Curious to know what happens if you commit insurance fraud on a home insurance claim? Here's what we know, and why you probably shouldn't do it.
BMW X7 car insurance
Thinking about buying a BMW X7? See average car insurance costs and find out about prestige car insurance
Porsche 911 car insurance
Want to insure a Porsche 911? Here are things we think you should know.
Mercedes-Benz G-Class luxury car insurance
Find out about how to insure the luxury Mercedes-AMG G 63 4x4 SUV.
Used car values: what helps a car retain its value?
Gumtree reveals data that could help used and new car buyers save money
How much does a colonoscopy cost?
Find out how much a colonoscopy costs in Australia and how you can avoid paying heaps.
How much do veneers cost in Australia?
Find out how much veneers cost in Australia and how you can avoid being hit with a big bill.
You might like these...
Ask an Expert