CUA health insurance offers
If you’re looking for a fund and considering CUA, check out the offers and incentives.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
As Australia’s largest customer-owned financial services provider, CUA offers an extensive range of products and services to suit the needs of customers around Australia. This includes a wide variety of hospital and extras cover that provides protection for both the young and the old.
Popular Health insurance deals coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|30 Oct 2020||Get up to $100 off||$OF****|
|30 Oct 2020||Get 6 weeks free + Waive 2 & 6 months waiting periods||6WE****|
|1 Oct 2020||Get $100 gift card + 10% off on extras premium (with combined cover)||********|
|1 Oct 2020||Get up to 120,000 Qantas Points when joining or switching to Qantas health insurance||********|
|1 Oct 2020||HCF members can get loyalty rewards and discounts across Australian stores||********|
What benefits would I get as a CUA member?
- Cover for kids until the age of 23. Your children are covered on family or single-parent policies until the age of 23 or 25 if they’re studying full time.
- Extra dental for kids. CUA extras provide additional benefits to help cover routine dental services for children. There is no-gap up to a total value of $250 per visit for two visits a year.
- Choose your own provider. CUA does not have any preferred providers, so you are free to choose any registered health care provider you want.
- Up to 20% off at OPSM. CUA Health members can take advantage of 20% off lenses and lens extras, 15% off non-prescription sunglasses, 10% off contact lenses purchased in-store and 5% off contact lenses purchased online.
- Up to 25% off at Specsavers. CUA Health Insurance members can enjoy 25% off a single pair of glasses from the Specsavers $149 or above range plus 20% off lens options and free digital retinal photography.
- Discount for CUA members. As of 4 April 2018, CUA is offering a 4% discount on health insurance if you pay your premiums via direct debit from a CUA transaction account.
- Discounts for CUA home loan customers. If you also have a CUA Rate Breaker Home Loan, you’re entitled to enjoy one month of free CUA Health insurance premiums each year.
- Increasing benefit limits. If you choose Total Extras, CUA Health’s top extras cover option, the maximum benefit limit for physio, chiro and Wellness Benefits increases each year for the first three years of cover.
- Range of excess options. CUA Health offers hospital cover policies with a range of excess options available. By choosing a policy with an excess you can enjoy lower premiums.
- Competitions. CUA Health members can also access exclusive competitions. For example, at the time of writing, customers who obtained a CUA Health email quote were automatically entered into a draw to win $5,000 off their CUA Home Loan.
What are the policy options?
CUA Health offers a large selection of hospital and extras policies so you can tailor health insurance cover to suit your needs. Its range of products includes:
- Hospital cover. You can choose from Basic Saver Plus Hospital, Bronze Plus Hospital, Standard Hospital (Silver Plus), Premium Hospital Non-Obstetrics (Silver Plus) and Premium Hospital (Gold).
- Extras cover. There are six levels of extras cover available from CUA Health: 50% Extras, Essential Extras, 60% Extras, Classic Extras, 75% Extras and Total Extras.
- Packaged cover. Healthy Start Package.
How to make a claim with CUA Health
If you need to lodge an extras claim, CUA Health offers several simple claiming methods:
- On the spot. You can swipe your CUA Health membership card on the spot when you visit a healthcare provider.
- Online. For claims of up to $300, you can simply log into your CUA Health membership online and upload a photo of your receipt.
- Via the CUA Health Mobile Claims app. You can also upload a receipt for claims of up to $300 using the CUA Health mobile app.
- In a branch. You can visit your nearest CUA branch to submit a health insurance claim.
- By fax. You can download and complete a claim form before submitting it, along with your receipt or invoice, to CUA Health.
- By mail. Completed claim forms and attached receipts can also be submitted to CUA Health by post.
- Millions of Aussies will pay more for health insurance from October
- How health insurance could save you cash in tax time 2020
- Final days before thousands of Aussies are hit with health insurance penalty
- Aussie health funds offer EOFY bargains
- Earning over $90K? There’s an easy way to cut your tax bill
- Turned 31 recently? It’s time to decide about health insurance
More guides on Finder
Business courses online in Australia
Searching for a career in business and not sure where to start? Find out here.
Be money mindful: How to develop a positive money mindset during COVID-19
SPONSORED: You need to look after your financial health, not just your physical and mental health, during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here's how to do it.
Hotel health and safety measures that will help keep you safe during COVID-19
Have a safe stay on your next Australian getaway with these hotel health and safety measures.
Invisalign | How it works, what it costs and how it compares
Find out whether clear aligners suits you best with our Invisalign review.
Coronavirus worries: Can redundancy cover give me some security?
Redundancy cover is back on after temporary pause during coronavirus. Here's the low down on what's happening.
Find out whether clear aligners live up to the hype with our WonderSmile review.
Life insurance for 35-year-olds
Compare life insurance policies for 35-year-olds
$1 million life insurance policies
Looking for $1 million life insurance? Compare policies here.
Can I still get life insurance if I’m overweight?
Find out if you can still get life insurance if you’re overweight, what your options are and where to get cover.
Top work perks: Aussies want more paid leave and insurance post-COVID
Finder asked 1,066 Australians about the top three perks they’d like their employer to provide in a post-COVID workplace. Flexibility, more leave and company health insurance topped the list.
You might like these...
Ask an Expert