If you’re looking for a fund and considering CUA, check out the offers and incentives.
As Australia’s largest customer-owned financial services provider, CUA offers an extensive range of products and services to suit the needs of customers around Australia. This includes a wide variety of hospital and extras cover that provides protection for both the young and the old.
Current CUA offers for August 2018
What benefits would I get as a CUA member?
- Cover for kids until the age of 23. Your children are covered on family or single-parent policies until the age of 23 or 25 if they’re studying full time.
- Extra dental for kids. CUA extras provide additional benefits to help cover routine dental services for children. There is no-gap up to a total value of $250 per visit for two visits a year.
- Choose your own provider. CUA does not have any preferred providers, so you are free to choose any registered health care provider you want.
- Up to 20% off at OPSM. CUA Health members can take advantage of 20% off lenses and lens extras, 15% off non-prescription sunglasses, 10% off contact lenses purchased in-store and 5% off contact lenses purchased online.
- Up to 25% off at Specsavers. CUA Health Insurance members can enjoy 25% off a single pair of glasses from the Specsavers $149 or above range plus 20% off lens options and free digital retinal photography.
- Discount for CUA members. As of 4 April 2018, CUA is offering a 4% discount on health insurance if you pay your premiums via direct debit from a CUA transaction account.
- Discounts for CUA home loan customers. If you also have a CUA Rate Breaker Home Loan, you’re entitled to enjoy one month of free CUA Health insurance premiums each year.
- Increasing benefit limits. If you choose Total Extras, CUA Health’s top extras cover option, the maximum benefit limit for physio, chiro and Wellness Benefits increases each year for the first three years of cover.
- Range of excess options. CUA Health offers hospital cover policies with a range of excess options available. By choosing a policy with an excess you can enjoy lower premiums.
- Competitions. CUA Health members can also access exclusive competitions. For example, at the time of writing, customers who obtained a CUA Health email quote were automatically entered into a draw to win $5,000 off their CUA Home Loan.
What are the policy options?
CUA Health offers a large selection of hospital and extras policies so you can tailor health insurance cover to suit your needs. Its range of products includes:
- Hospital cover. You can choose from Premium Hospital (available with a $0, $250 or $14/2/2500 excess), Premium Hospital – Non-obstetrics, Standard Hospital and Basic Hospital.
- Extras cover. There are three levels of extras cover available from CUA Health: Essential Extras, Classic Extras and Total Extras.
How to make a claim with CUA Health
If you need to lodge an extras claim, CUA Health offers several simple claiming methods:
- On the spot. You can swipe your CUA Health membership card on the spot when you visit a healthcare provider.
- Online. For claims of up to $300, you can simply log into your CUA Health membership online and upload a photo of your receipt.
- Via the CUA Health Mobile Claims app. You can also upload a receipt for claims of up to $300 using the CUA Health mobile app.
- In a branch. You can visit your nearest CUA branch to submit a health insurance claim.
- By fax. You can download and complete a claim form before submitting it, along with your receipt or invoice, to CUA Health.
- By mail. Completed claim forms and attached receipts can also be submitted to CUA Health by post.
- Two major health funds offer premium relief for drought-stricken farmers
- Health funds cover $2.6 billion per annum in dental benefits
- Money Hack: Get healthy and save on insurance
- My Health Record: Are you in or out?
- Health insurance tiers to make buying and comparing cover easier for Australians
- Last day to lock in EOFY health insurance deals