CUA Fresh Start Variable Home Loan
The Fresh Start Variable Home Loan offers a low variable rate, premium features and repayment flexibility
With a competitive variable rate and all the features and flexibility of a premium product, you can have a home and a life with a CUA Fresh Start Variable Home Loan.
Product no longer on the market
This product is no longer available. Information on this page is not up to date and may not reflect accurate product information. You can find CUA's current mortgage offers here.
|Pros & Cons|
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the CUA Fresh Start Variable Home Loan?
- Loan amount. You can borrow a minimum of $10,000 with this loan, and there's a maximum of $5,000,000 years.
- Loan term. The maximum loan term this loan is available for is 30.
- Maximum LVR. You can borrow up to 95% of the property's value with this home loan.
- Advance repayments. This loan allows you to make extra repayments, which can help to pay it off quicker and save in interest charges.
- Interest-only options. You can choose between principal and interest or interest-only repayments with this loan.
- Repayment flexibility. This home loan offers repayment flexibility, allowing you to make weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments. As mentioned above, you can also make extra repayments and lump sum payments.
- 100% offset account. This home loan comes with a 100% offset account, which is a linked account which can help reduce the amount of interest which is payable on your home loan. For example, having $10,000 in your interest offset account on a home loan of $350,000 would see you only owe interest on $340,000.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
There are no establishment or ongoing account keeping fees with this loan, below are some fees you will need to pay:
- Discharge fee: $500. This fee covers the administrative costs associated with preparing loan discharge documents, and can be avoided by not exiting the loan early.
- Legal fees. These fees vary from one applicant to the next, and are charged to cover the legal costs associated with your home loan.
- Security administration fee: $195. This upfront fee covers the cost of setting up your property as security for the loan.
How to apply
Click on 'Go to Site' to start the application process. To apply for this loan you have to meet certain eligibility criteria, which includes the following:
- You should be over 18 years of age
- You should have a regular source of income
- You should be a resident of Australia
- You must be new lending with CUA
- You must not have an LVR above 80%
As part of the application process you have to supply the following information:
- Details of earnings
- Records of savings
- Details of assets, debts and liabilities
- A copy of the signed sale contract
- A copy of the receipt you receive upon paying the deposit
If you're looking for a variable rate home loan that doesn't attract any ongoing monthly or annual fees and offers a competitive interest rate, this loan is worth considering.
Marc Terrano is a lead publisher and growth marketer at Finder. He has previously worked at Finder as a publisher for frequent flyer points and home loans, and as a writer, podcast host and content marketer. Marc has a Bachelor of Communications (Journalism) from the University of Technology Sydney. He’s passionate about creating honest and simple reviews and comparisons to help everyone get value for money.
This secured home loan is available for owner-occupiers, investors and for those looking to buy land and build a home. To be eligible for this loan your Loan-to-Value Ratio (LVR) must be below 95%.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up to $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 80% of the property's value (terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.