Only pay for the features you want with this basic home loan and enjoy no ongoing fees.
Don't pay for the extra features you don't want or won't use but keep a competitive interest rate. CUA’s Fresh Start Basic Variable Home Loan has no ongoing fees, flexible repayments and free redraw facilities.
CUA fee waiver for owner occupier lending
For a limited time, CUA will waive its $600 application fee for customers taking out an owner occupier Fresh Start Basic Variable Home Loan. The fee still applies for investor lending.
|Product Name||CUA Fresh Start Basic Variable Home Loan|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$10,000|
|Maximum Loan Amount||$5,000,000|
|Minimum Loan Term||1 year|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Maximum Insured LVR||90%|
|Mortgage Offset Account||Yes|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||Yes|
|Loan Redraw Facility||Yes|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Fixed Interest Option||No|
|Suitable for Investment||No|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||No|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest and Interest Only Options|
|Lender's Legal Fee||$195|
|Ongoing Fees||$0 p.a.|
- $0 monthly fees.
- $0 valuation fee.
- $600 application fee is waived for owner occupiers.
- Can make extra repayments to pay off the loan sooner.
- $500 discharge fee.
Things to consider about the CUA Fresh Start Basic Variable Home Loan.
The CUA Fresh Start Basic Variable Home Loan is available to new lending customers or those adding an extra $50,000 to their existing home loan.
This loan can be used for owner-occupiers and investors who are looking to purchase an existing property or build a new one.
Features of the CUA Fresh Start Basic Variable Home Loan.
- Loan Amount. You can borrow from $10,000 up to $5,000,000 with this loan.
- Loan Term. You can take out this loan for a period up to 30 years which allows plenty of time to pay off your home.
- Maximum loan-to-value ratio (LVR). You cannot borrow more than 90% LVR with this loan which means you will need a deposit of at least 10%.
- Investor LVR. New CUA customers borrowing for investment without accompanying owner-occupied lending a 80% maximum LVR applies, meaning you will need a deposit of at least 20%.
- Repayment flexibility. Repayments can be setup to be weekly, fortnightly or monthly. You also have the ability to make extra repayments if you would like.
- Interest-only repayment options. You can opt for interest-only repayments or stick to the principal and interest repayments.
There are no ongoing fees with this loan but below are some of the fees:
- Application Fee: $600. This fee is for the processing of your application. For a limited time, CUA is waiving this fee for owner occupier loans (but not for investors).
- Discharge Fee: $500. This fee applies when you close your loan accounts.
- Security administration Fee: $195. A security administration fee applies when you establish the account.
How to apply for the CUA Fresh Start Basic Variable Home Loan
If this loan sounds like it could suit your needs, click on the green ‘Go to site’ or 'Enquire' button on this page. You will then be securely redirected to the CUA website or asked to fill out your details for a mortgage broker to contact you. On the CUA website you can then start the application process or just send an enquiry so a CUA banker can contact you.
To apply for this loan you will need to meet some eligibility requirements including:
- Are you over 18 years of age?
- Do you have a regular source of income?
- Are you a resident of Australia?
- Are you a new lending customer of CUA or are obtaining an additional lending of $50,000 or more?
- Do you have a deposit of 20%?
Some the documents you'll be asked to supply during the application process are:
- Personal details and contact details
- Income information and employer details
- Details that show your savings
- Details of any other assets, debts and liabilities
- Details of the property you will be using as security. This may include a copy of the signed contract of sale and possibly the receipt of the deposit you have paid.