The CUA eSaver is an online savings account that pays you a competitive rate of interest on your savings balance. Meet its monthly terms and you could receive a bonus on top of the standard rate to help you reach your savings goals even faster.
To get the bonus interest you need to meet the deposit and withdrawal requirements.
What are the features of the CUA eSaver Plus Account?
When comparing savings accounts among different Australian financial institutions, check what they are offering against the features that come with the CUA eSaver Plus Account:
- Fees. Pay no monthly fees when you save your money in the CUA eSaver Account.
- Interest rate. The standard interest rate for this online account is at a variable competitive rate.
- Bonus interest. Each month that you make at least $200 in deposits without making any withdrawals, you are rewarded with a bonus interest rate on top of the standard. Interest payments do not count towards the monthly deposit requirement.
- Interest payments. Your interest is calculated against your balance every day and paid into the eSaver Account at the end of each month.
- Accessibility. You have total access to your account using CUA online banking, Telebanker, SMS Banker and the CUA app. You will need to transfer the money out of the account and into a transaction account in order to obtain the cash.
- Minimum balance. The minimum balance requirement is $1, but don’t forget that in order to get the bonus rate you must be making at least $200 in deposits each month.
- Direct credit and debits. You can set up the account to make direct credits or debits using electronic banking.
- Joint account. There can be two names on this account, but only one individual’s signature can operate it.
- Low minimum opening deposit amount
- There is $1 minimum opening balance required
- $0 account keeping fee to pay
- Lack of CUA branches
How do I apply for the CUA eSaver Plus Account?
If the terms of the CUA eSaver Plus Account are just the incentive you need to encourage saving, you can apply online by clicking “Go to Site”. Before continuing on to the secure application page, check to make sure that you are able to meet the eligibility requirements set forth by CUA:
- Minimum age. Only applicants who are at least 18 years of age will be considered for this account.
- Residency requirements. You must be a permanent resident of Australia with a verifiable residential address.
- Depository requirements. A $1 initial deposit is required to open this account.
Even after you have confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements, you will still need to be able to provide the following documentation when filling in your online application:
- Tax file number. It is not required that you provide your tax file number (TFN) but CUA will deduct withholding tax from your earned interest at the highest marginal rate if you do not give them your TFN or TFN exemption code.
- Identification. Australian law requires that any financial institution first confirm an applicant’s identity before providing them with a savings account. This can be done using a driver’s licence, photo ID card issued by a state or territory, an Australian passport that is either current or expired within the last two years, or a passport issued by a foreign government or the United Nations.
- Membership number. You will have to provide CUA with your member number in order to continue the application. If you are not already a member you will be prompted to join before beginning to fill out the online application.
- Direct debit account. If you plan on making deposits using direct debit, you will need to provide the BSB, account number and name on the account from which the money will be withdrawn.
For Australians who are new to CUA, opening an account may take a bit more time as they verify your information, but for existing customers an account will be issued immediately so long as the money to make the initial deposit is available.
What is highest interest for deposit of half million dollars in savings?
If you’re thinking of applying for the CUA eSaver Plus account, you can earn a maximum variable rate and a standard variable rate. To earn the bonus interest, you will need to make total deposits of at least $200 and no withdrawals in a calendar month.
What is the current interest rate for my e-saver account? not home loan?
You may wish to contact CUA directly to find out what your specific rate might be, as this could be different depending on what promotions or terms and conditions were present when you signed up.