CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Low Rate Credit Card
Show your team colours, get an ongoing $0 annual fee and enjoy 0% p.a. interest on balance transfers for the first 20 months.
The CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Low Rate credit card has a competitive 11.99% p.a. interest rate for purchases and offers mobile payments through Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Balance transfer rate
for 20 months
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
|Product Name||CUA Brisbane Heat supporters' Low Rate Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 20 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.74% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||11.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3.4%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- Ongoing $0 annual fee
- Balance transfer offer of 0% p.a. for 20 months, with no balance transfer fee
- Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
- No travel insurance or a rewards program
- A variable cash advance rate of 21.74% p.a. applies at the end of the promotional balance transfer period
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $35, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$12.50|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3.4%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $3.50, whichever is greater|
|Number of additional cardholders||9|
Amy Bradney-George is the acting editor for credit cards and has more than 13 years’ experience writing about personal finance. She has bylines in publications including The Sydney Morning Herald, ABC News and The Equity Magazine. A passionate writer, she’s also acting editor for Finder X and senior writer for Finder Green. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University, and when she’s not writing she spends her time as an actress.
How to apply
It only takes a few minutes to apply for the CUA Brisbane Heat supporters' Low Rate Mastercard online. Before you get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the essential documents and details on hand.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident with an Australian residential address.
- Brisbane Heat supporter. This card is designed for Brisbane Heat supporters who have bought a membership with the club.
- Income. You must have a regular income.
- Credit history. In the past five years, you must not have had defaults for any loans, credit cards, interest-free finance or store cards, and must not have declared bankruptcy or insolvency. If you want to check what's listed on your credit report, you can get a copy for free through Finder.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and contact number. You'll also have to provide a valid form of ID such as your driver's licence, passport or Medicare number.
- Employment details. You need to provide details of your current employment situation, including your role, salary and employer's contact information. You may also need to provide recent payslips or bank statements to verify those details.
- Financial information. This includes any income from other sources, assets such as savings accounts and existing debts you may have from other cards, loans or mortgages. You'll also need to provide details of your household expenses such as rent, grocery shopping and transport costs.
- Balance transfer details. If you want to take advantage of the balance transfer offer on this card, you need to provide details of your existing debt. This includes the account name, account number, BSB and the total amount of debt you want to transfer. Note that you can request a balance transfer worth up to 80% of your available credit limit for card debts not issued by CUA.
- $0 annual fee. The CUA Brisbane Heat supporters' Low Rate Mastercard offers a $0 annual fee for the life of the card (normally $49 p.a.).
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 20 months. To take advantage of this offer, you must request the balance transfer within 3 months of card approval (based on the disclosure date in your offer and card contract). The 20-month 0% p.a. introductory rate is then applied from the date of processing the balance transfer. At the end of the introductory period, any remaining debt will be charged interest at the cash advance rate (currently 21.74% p.a.).
- Brisbane Heat benefits. As well as getting a card with the Brisbane Heat logo and colours on it, you'll get access to exclusive perks through CUA. This includes a free Heat VR app that offers you a virtual reality tour of the Gabba, as well as exclusive Brisbane Heat video content.
- Contactless and mobile payments. This credit card is compatible with both Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. Outside of any promotions, this card charges a standard annual fee of $49 p.a.
- Purchase rate. The 11.99% p.a. purchase rate will apply when you use this card for shopping or other everyday expenses and carry a balance.
- Up to 55 days interest-free. If you pay the balance of your account in full by the due date on each statement, you will have up to 55 days interest-free on your purchases. Note that interest-free days are not available for cash advances or if you carry a balance from a balance transfer.
- Cash advance rate. The variable interest rate for cash advances is 21.74% p.a.
- International transaction fee. A fee of 3.4% of the transaction value applies when you use this card to make transactions in a foreign currency.