Show your team colours and enjoy a $100 cashback offer with the CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Low Rate Credit Card.
Created especially for Brisbane Heat members, this Credit Union Australia (CUA) Mastercard offers a low interest rate of 11.99% p.a. (variable) on purchases and comes with mobile and contactless payment functionality. Apply for the CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Low Rate Credit Card and you can also get $100 cashback by spending $1,500 on eligible retail purchases within 3 months of getting your card application approved.
|Product Name||CUA Brisbane Heat supporters' Low Rate Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 13 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (21.74% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||11.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a. annual fee for the first year ($49 p.a. thereafter)|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3.4% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a. annual fee for the first year ($49 p.a. thereafter)|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||$35 or 3% of the closing balance, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$12.50|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% of the cash advance amount, with minimum of $3.50|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||9|
- $49 annual fee for the first year.
- Receive $100 cashback if you apply and are approved and spend $1,500 in the first 3 months.
- Introductory balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for 13 months.
- Enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- This is a basic card that offers none of the perks like travel insurance or a rewards program.
- A standard cash advance rate of 21.74% p.a. applies at the end of the promotional balance transfer period.
Review of the CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Low Rate Credit Card
The CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Low Rate Mastercard combines low-cost credit card features with a sporty design. The card features Brisbane Heat colours and blue flames and has the team’s logo on the front so that everyone can see you’re a Brisbane Heat member.
In terms of costs, this card has a competitive standard annual fee of $49 (waived in the first year) to go with the low variable purchase rate of 11.99% p.a. It also offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases if you pay your balance in full by the due date on your statement. Or, if you have existing card debt to pay down, you could enjoy a promotional 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for the first 13 months.
Features and benefits of the CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Low Rate Credit Card
Here are the key perks you can enjoy with this sports credit card:
- Brisbane Heat benefits. As well as getting a card with the Brisbane Heat logo and colours on it, you’ll get access to exclusive perks through CUA. This includes a free Heat VR app that offers you a virtual reality tour of the Brisbane Cricket Ground, commonly known as the Gabba, and exclusive Brisbane Heat video content.
- $100 cashback offer. You can get a bonus $100 cashback when you apply for this card and spend $1,500 on eligible retail purchases within 3 months of your card being approved. This covers most everyday spending but excludes a range of specific transactions including cash advances, balance transfers, account fees/charges and refunds.
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 13 months. If you want to pay off existing credit card debt with a bank other than CUA, you can enjoy 0% p.a. interest for the first 13 months on balance transfers. At the end of the promotional period, any remaining debt from the balance transfer will be charged interest at the cash advance rate (currently 21.74% p.a.).
- Up to 55 days interest-free. If you pay your account off in full by the due date on each statement, you can enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on your purchases. Note that interest-free days are not available if you carry a balance from a balance transfer.
- Contactless and mobile payments. This credit card is compatible with both Apple Pay and Android Pay. It also offers contactless payments at the checkout.
Rates and fees of the CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Low Rate Credit Card
Take note of these costs to help you decide if this CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ credit card is right for you:
- Annual fee. The CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Low Rate Mastercard has a $0 annual fee in the first year. After that, a standard annual fee of $49 applies.
- Purchase rate. This credit card has a low standard variable interest rate of 11.99% p.a. for purchases.
- Cash advance rate. The variable interest rate for cash advances is 21.74% p.a. If you take advantage of the 0% p.a. balance transfer offer, this interest rate will apply for any debt remaining at the end of the promotional period.
- International transaction fee. A fee worth 3.4% of transaction value applies when you use this card overseas, or online with a merchant based overseas.
How to apply for the CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Low Rate Credit Card
It only takes a few minutes to apply for the CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Low Rate Mastercard. Before you get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the essential documents and details on hand.
- Are you at least 18 years of age? You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a credit card in Australia.
- Are you an Australian citizen or permanent resident? You can only apply for this credit card if you’re a permanent resident or Australian citizen.
- Are you a Brisbane Heat member? This card is designed specifically for Brisbane Heat supporters who have bought a membership with the club.
Documents and details
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and contact number. You’ll also have to provide a valid form of ID such as your driver’s licence, passport or Medicare number.
- Employment details. You need to provide details of your current employment situation, including your role, salary and employer’s contact information. You may also need to provide recent payslips to verify those details.
- Financial information. This includes any income from other sources, assets such as savings accounts and existing debts you may have from other cards, loans or mortgages. You’ll also need to provide details of your household expenses such as rent, grocery shopping and transport costs.
The CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Low Rate is one of the only sports credit cards on the market. With its attractive rates and fees, it’s worth comparing to other low-cost cards so you can find one that works for you.Back to top