Show your team colours for a $0 annual fee and enjoy 0% p.a. interest on balance transfers for the first 13 months with the CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Low Rate Credit Card.
This Credit Union Australia (CUA) Mastercard offers a low interest rate of 11.99% p.a. (variable) on purchases and comes with mobile and contactless payment functionality. When you apply for the CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Low Rate Credit Card by 31 March 2019, you will also save with a $0 annual fee for life.
If you have an existing debt to pay, you can consolidate it with 0% p.a. interest on balance transfers for up to 13 months with no balance transfer fee.
|Product Name||CUA Brisbane Heat supporters' Low Rate Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 13 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (21.74% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||11.99% p.a.|
|Offer end date||31 March 2019|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3.4% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||$35 or 3% of the closing balance, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$12.50|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% of the cash advance amount, with minimum of $3.50|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||9|
- Pay $0 annual fee for the life of the card.
- Enjoy an introductory balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for 13 months.
- Get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- This is a basic card that offers none of the perks like travel insurance or a rewards program.
- A standard cash advance rate of 21.74% p.a. applies at the end of the promotional balance transfer period.
Features and benefits of the CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Low Rate Credit Card
Here are the key perks you can enjoy with this sports credit card:
- $0 annual fee. The CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Low Rate Mastercard offers a $0 annual fee for the life of the card.
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 13 months. If you want to pay off existing credit card debt from another issuer, you can enjoy 0% p.a. interest for the first 13 months on balance transfers with no balance transfer fee. At the end of the introductory period, any remaining debt from the balance transfer will be charged interest at the cash advance rate (currently 21.74% p.a.).
- Brisbane Heat benefits. As well as getting a card with the Brisbane Heat logo and colours on it, you’ll get access to exclusive perks through CUA. This includes a free Heat VR app that offers you a virtual reality tour of the Brisbane Cricket Ground, commonly known as the Gabba, and exclusive Brisbane Heat video content.
- Contactless and mobile payments. This credit card is compatible with both Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Rates and fees of the CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Low Rate Credit Card
Take note of these costs to help you decide if this CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ credit card is right for you:
- Purchase rate. This credit card has a low standard variable interest rate of 11.99% p.a. for purchases.
- Up to 55 days interest-free. If you pay the balance of your account in full by the due date on each statement, you will have up to 55 days interest-free on your purchases. Note that interest-free days are not available if you carry a balance from a balance transfer.
- Cash advance rate. The variable interest rate for cash advances is 21.74% p.a. If you take advantage of the 0% p.a. balance transfer offer, this interest rate will apply for any debt remaining at the end of the introductory period.
- International transaction fee. A fee worth 3.4% of transaction value applies when you use this card overseas, or online with a merchant based overseas.
How to apply for the CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Low Rate Credit Card
It only takes a few minutes to apply for the CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Low Rate Mastercard. Before you get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the essential documents and details on hand.
- Are you at least 18 years of age? You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a credit card in Australia.
- Are you an Australian citizen or permanent resident? You can only apply for this credit card if you’re a permanent resident or Australian citizen.
- Are you a Brisbane Heat member? This card is designed specifically for Brisbane Heat supporters who have bought a membership with the club.
Documents and details
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and contact number. You’ll also have to provide a valid form of ID such as your driver’s licence, passport or Medicare number.
- Employment details. You need to provide details of your current employment situation, including your role, salary and employer’s contact information. You may also need to provide recent payslips to verify those details.
- Financial information. This includes any income from other sources, assets such as savings accounts and existing debts you may have from other cards, loans or mortgages. You’ll also need to provide details of your household expenses such as rent, grocery shopping and transport costs.
The CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Low Rate is one of the only sports credit cards on the market. With its attractive rates and fees, it’s worth comparing to other low-cost cards so you can find one that works for you.Back to top