Cryptocurrency Black Friday sales: Binance discounts and 30% off Ledger wallets
Prices are going down, but this time it's in a good way. Browse your cryptocurrency Black Friday sales here.
Cryptocurrency has Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales too!
But if that doesn't grab you, we've assembled some of the few available Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals from around the cryptosphere for your shopping pleasure.
- Trezor is matching Ledger's offer with a whopping 30% discount of its own. If you're feeling spoiled for choice, see a side-by-side comparison of all major Ledger and Trezor wallets, or read the review of the top-end Trezor Model T to learn more about Trezor's latest and greatest wallet. This deal runs from 26 November to 3 December.
- For the traders out there, Coinigy cryptocurrency portfolio tracker is offering 75% off subscriptions starting Friday, while the Gunbot cryptocurrency trading bot has Black Friday discounts of 60%+ this week, and TradingView has up to 60% off premium subscriptions until Friday - all just in time for the volatility that's come back to the market.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrency trading is risky. This is not financial advice, a recommendation to trade, or an endorsement of any of the providers or services mentioned here. It is, however, an endorsement of the general spirit of bargain-hunting and thriftiness.
Ledger: 30% off everything
Ledger is offering 30% off its hardware wallets and accessories from 25 November to 2 December.
This applies to straightforward Ledger Nano S and Ledger Nano X purchases, but can also be stacked on top of already-discounted deals like the Backup Kit, which includes a Nano X for primary use and a half-price Nano S for backup use.
Until 2 December, that's one brand new Ledger Nano X and Ledger Nano S, at €104 (AUD$169, US$114.50) for both. That's cheaper than most equivalent individual hardware wallets. It's also a single Ledger Nano S for only €41.
Here's the kicker: This deal actually means Ledger wallets cost less than the total amount of free cryptocurrency you can get from Coinbase Earn. Play your cards right, and this week you can essentially get a free hardware wallet – bolded for emphasis.
Coinbase: Up to US$136 of free cryptocurrency
Get free money, courtesy of Coinbase Earn. To be 100% clear, this is not a Black Friday deal, and you can do this any time. It's well worth a mention here though because for this week only, it's more than enough to cover the cost of a brand new hardware wallet.
Here's how it works.
The first $32 comes from watching a total of 42 minutes of educational videos about the DAI, EOS, Stellar and Tezos cryptocurrencies. The next $14 then comes from completing a Dai tutorial and learning how to actually use it.
In one highly educational hour, you can end up with US$46 of free cryptocurrency in your Coinbase account, which is just enough for a Ledger Nano S.
The remaining $80 comes from inviting up to 4 friends (or relatives and other unsuspecting acquaintances) to complete the same courses. With that, you have enough free money for the newer model Ledger Nano X or the full Backup Kit.
The first step is to create a Coinbase account. That's where your free crypto will get deposited. The second step is to go to Coinbase Earn and start (l)earning. As an added bonus, by signing up through the coupon below, you can also get $10 of free Bitcoin if you ever end up spending US$100 or more at Coinbase.
Binance: BNB giveaways and up to 100% off some trading fees
Binance, the world's largest cryptocurrency exchange by volume, is also getting in on the Black Friday action.
The main exchange offering runs from 25 November to 1 December and includes a triple-barrelled deal focused on Binance's multitude of new fiat purchase options.
- Big straight-up discounts: Simplex, Koinal and Flutterwave purchases are much cheaper this week. Simplex fees have dropped from 3.5% to 2.5%, Koinal now has a 0% fee for deposits over US$500 (it's normally 2.5%) and Flutterwave fees have dropped to a flat 100 NGN for bank transfers and 1% for card payments.
- Purchase fee waiver for inviting friends: All Binance-registered users who invite friends will get a purchase fee waiver coupon, valued at US$2 of Binance Coin (BNB). The invitee must sign up during the purchase period and buy at least US$100 equivalent in crypto through Papara or advcash within 7 days of signup for the inviter to get the fee waiver coupon.
- US$20,000 of BNB giveaway: During the promotional period, new users who sign up and buy crypto through Papara or advcash can get a chance to win US$50 worth of BNB over a series of 400 lucky draws. New users get one lucky dip ticket for every US$500 equivalent of cryptocurrency purchased. An individual can get up to 10 tickets per day, and 400 tickets will be randomly selected at the end of the promotional period.
The first step to grabbing any, or all, of the above deals is to head over to the Binance website.
Unfortunately, the main Binance exchange, where these deals are found, is not available to US residents. But fortunately, the separate Binance.US exchange has Black Friday bargains of its own.
Binance.US: Up to 75% trading fee discount
Over on the Binance.US site, Black Friday deals are running from 28 November to 1 January, bringing trading fee discounts of up to 75%.
This big bargain is extremely easy to grab because all you have to do is use BNB to pay your trading fees while holding an average daily balance of 5 or more BNB for the promotional period.
If you do, you'll get the usual 25% trading fee discount from using BNB, and then the Black Friday special will kick in to rebate you 50% of the remaining trading fees paid. The end result is equivalent to a whopping 75% trading fee discount.
This is pretty wild because the Binance.US trading fees are fairly incredible even without a discount. They start from a base of 0.1%, while the usual BNB discount takes that down to 0.075%.
Now during Black Friday, those trading fees drop as low as 0.025% – and that's at the highest-fee tier – before applying any of the volume discounts. Good luck finding cheaper trading fees than that.
If you're in the USA, that deal is yours for the taking at the Binance.US website.
There aren't too many Black Friday cryptocurrency deals in the world yet, but as the traditional and crypto worlds slowly collide, you can probably look forward to seeing more deals like these.
That said, there are still a few other places where these worlds are already coming together. For example, the Samsung Galaxy S10 comes with a built-in cryptocurrency hardware wallet, and you'll almost certainly find it going cheap from various retailers.
If there's something on your mind, check out the full range of Black Friday deals here and see what you can see.
Disclosure: The author holds BNB and BTC at the time of writing.