7 lines to check out if you’re looking for cruises for honeymoon bliss
When the wedding vows have been said and the party is over the romance continues onboard these love boats.
There’s something oh-so-romantic about sailing into the sunset holding your partner’s hand, exploring an exotic location and being pampered no end on a luxury liner. It’s as though cruising was made for honeymooners.
So if you’ve got the wedding sorted and are still on the fence about where to honeymoon, these cruise lines can fix that.
1. MSC Cruises
With its exotic and extensive line-up of Mediterranean and Caribbean destinations, complete with secluded beaches, you’ll feel like you’re a world away when you board an MSC cruise ship.
The romantic pursuits don’t stop there. Onboard MSC you can always find the perfect spot for two by the pool, at the theatre or on a spa date. Why not all three? It’s what we’d do, too.
- Most romantic cabin: MSC Yacht Club Suite. It comes with 24-hour concierge service and your own personal butler.
- Travel style: Exotic and relaxing.
- Honeymoon packages: None.
Go to MSC Cruises website
View coupon code for MSC Cruises
2. Norwegian Cruise Line
Want to visit a private island in the Bahamas on your honeymoon? With Norwegian Cruise Line you can.
No joke. In 1977 the luxury cruise line purchased Great Stirrup Cay from the Belcher Oil Company and transformed it into a little piece of heaven on earth that only Norwegian passengers may access. This idyllic island features a secluded sandy beach, lago
- Most romantic cabins: Deluxe Owner’s Suite in The Haven. Located at the top of the ship, The Haven is an exclusive enclave of rooms and suites that come with a concierge and 24-hour butler.
- Travel style: Luxury-meets-casual.
- Honeymoon package: Norwegian offers numerous honeymoon, anniversary and romance packages. These can include dinner for two, a dozen red roses, breakfast in bed and couples massages.
Go to Norwegian Cruise Line website
View coupon code for Norwegian Cruise Line
3. Avalon Waterways
For an intimate honeymoon cruise with picture-perfect views, Avalon Waterways is the ultimate indulgence.
Specialising in river cruising, Avalon Waterways sails to some of the most extravagant and romantic locations in the world such as historic European rivers and Peruvian Amazon.
- Most romantic cabin: Panorama Suite. On top of being 30% larger than the industry standard they feature floor-to-ceiling wall-to-wall windows and an open-air balcony.
- Travel style: Luxury, culture, nature.
- Honeymoon packages: None.
Go to Avalon Waterways website
View coupon code for Avalon Waterways
4. Royal Caribbean International
Expect royal treatment from the moment you embark when you book a romance package with Royal Caribbean International.
When it comes to honeymoons, Royal Caribbean knows how to spoil couples. It offers three bespoke romance packages for various budgets and with varying degrees of decadence. They can include champagne, a bouquet of long-stemmed roses, luxury bathrobes, bre
- Most romantic cabin: Suite/Deluxe.
- Travel style: Fun and adventurous.
- Honeymoon packages: None, but romance packages are available for any occasion.
Go to Royal Caribbean International website
View coupon code for Royal Caribbean International
5. Princess Cruises
Newlyweds can make the most of Princess Cruises’ Honeymoon Wishes Registry which allows friends and family to purchase onboard and offshore experiences for their trip.
Don’t need pots and pans? Personalise a registry of a different kind with Princess Cruises and your loved ones can buy you couples massages, beverages, photographs, onshore excursions and more for your honeymoon instead.
- Most romantic cabin: Balcony stateroom.
- Travel style: Relaxing and luxurious.
- Honeymoon packages: Honeymoon/anniversary celebration packages include champagne, long-stemmed roses, framed portraits and spa treatments.
Go to Princess Cruises website
View coupon code for Princess Cruises
6. Celebrity Cruises
Be treated like a celebrity couple with an unforgettable journey on this award-winning line.
With its adults-only Solarium pool, Canyon Ranch Spa Club and guest-to-staff ratio of nearly 2:1, it’s no wonder Celebrity Cruises has been named the Best Premium Cruise Line in Travel Weekly’s Annual Reader’s Choice Awards eight times running.
- Most romantic cabin: Suite Class. It’s an exclusive experience that affords you your own private restaurant, balcony whirlpool and butler.
- Travel style: Luxury.
- Honeymoon packages: Celebrity Cruises hosts a private honeymoon dinner to congratulate all newlyweds onboard.
Go to Celebrity Cruises website
View coupon code for Celebrity Cruises
7. P&O Cruises
Start your new life together on the right foot and book an extras package on your P&O cruise.
For true romantics, the Special Occasions package, complete with Moëtand Chandon Brut Imperial, dinner for two at Luke Mangan’s Salt Grill and $50 onboard credit, is the obvious choice.
- Most romantic cabin: Balcony room.
- Travel style: Fun and adventure with a touch of indulgence.
- Honeymoon packages: P&O has a Special Occasions package which was created with two in mind.
Go to P&O Cruises website
View coupon code for P&O Cruises
Top deals for cruising couples on their honeymoon
Save on last-minute bookings
Find discounts on last-minute travel bookings at Expedia
Feature image: Norwegian Cruise Line