6 of the best cruises for couples young and old
The most romantic cruise lines to set sail with into the sunset.
With the wide open ocean in sight, the sea breeze blowing through your hair and an exquisite state room booked, cruises are the epitome of romance.
And let’s not forget the other perks. On a cruise you can laze about in your swimwear all day, you won’t be bothered by family or friends during date-night and with your package paid for, you don’t have to worry about blowing the budget on unexpected purchases.
Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, spoiling your other half or you just want a remote escape where you can stare dreamily into each other's eyes, there’s a cruise for you.
1. Celebrity Cruises via CruiseAway
Dive into a cruise holiday fit for the celebrity that you are with this line.
The Celebrity Cruise fleet incorporates modern design with high quality pampering and dining experiences to deliver elegance and luxury throughout your journey.
- Ideal for: Couples in their 20s and 30s
- Most romantic cabins: AquaClass, where you’ll get priority seating at specialty restaurants and spa perks
- Special touches: CelebrityLife activities like cooking and dance classes, unique onshore excursions, wine workshops, professional photography and celebration packages
Go to Celebrity Cruises via CruiseAway website
View coupon code for Celebrity Cruises via CruiseAway
2. Avalon Waterways via CruiseAway
Get up close and personal with your surroundings without the cruise ship crowds with an intimate Avalon river cruise.
If you’re on a long holiday through Europe, Asia, South America of Africa, Avalon river cruises can provide an indulgent break away from the big cities and tourists. Book one of its Suite Ships for extra comfort and panoramic views from your suite.
- Ideal for: Couples in their 40s and 50+
- Most romantic cabins: Choose a suite, as beds face the window
- Special touches: Breakfast in bed, private cocktail functions, celebration packages and flower delivery
Go to Avalon Waterways via CruiseAway website
View coupon code for Avalon Waterways via CruiseAway
3. Princess Cruises
Princess knows that a special occasion should be marked with an extra special cruise, so it offers special packages for engagements, renewals of vows, honeymoons and anniversaries.
Book one of these getaways and you’ll be spoiled to the gills with bottles of Champagne, commemorative photos, meals for two, chocolates, roses and onboard discounts.
- Ideal for: Couples in their 40s and 50+
- Most romantic cabins: Suites with balconies and deluxe rooms with balconies
- Special touches: Norman Love Confections chocolates, photo and video keepsakes, flower orders and couples spa dates at Lotus Spa
Go to Princess Cruises website
View coupon code for Princess Cruises
4. Royal Caribbean via Flight Centre
With more than 260 romantic destinations to sail to, you and your other half will be lazing on a tropical beach with a cocktail in hand in next to no time with Royal Caribbean.
This cruise line understands that not all couples want to remain poolside for their entire trip. It offers a number of adventurous and relaxing activities including rock climbing, onshore excursions, private FlowRider surfing lessons and a couples massage
- Ideal for: Couples in their 30s, 40s and 50+
- Most romantic cabins: Balcony suites and oceanview rooms
- Special touches: Onboard deliveries of roses and wine, decorated room upon request, breakfast in bed, anniversary packages and onboard weddings
Go to Royal Caribbean via Flight Centre website
View coupon code for Royal Caribbean via Flight Centre
Top deals for cruising couples
Save up to $4000 on cruises
Get up to $4000 off launch fares on select cruises and $1000 off fly/cruise holidays for sailings in Europe, Alaska, Japan and world cruise segments.
Get up to $1000 on board credit from Celebrity Cruises
Book a Celebrity Cruise with CruiseDirect.com and get credit to use aboard your cruise.
Book one passenger and get one free on Viking River Cruises
Book select Viking River Cruises with CruiseAway and the second passenger travels for free.
Up to 79% off Carnival Cruises
Save up to 79% on the brochure rate of Carnival Cruise sailings when you book with CruiseAway.
Costa Cruises in the Mediterranean from US$54 per day
Book a Costa Cruise in the Mediterranean from just US$54 per day.
Feature image: Avalon Cruises