Crown Money Management Rate Reducer Home Loan review
With a competitive interest rate and a long list of flexible features, the Crown Rate Reducer home loan is worth considering.
If you’re looking for a home loan that combines a competitive variable rate with an offset account and a free redraw facility, the Rate Reducer home loan from Crown Money Management could be an ideal solution. Available for owner-occupier and investment purchases, the Crown Rate Reducer offers a discount off the standard variable rate and it also allows you to borrow up to 80% of the property purchase price.
Belinda Punshon worked for Finder as a writer on home loans and property and as a corporate communications executive. She has a Masters in Advertising, Public Relations and Journalism from the University of New South Wales and a Bachelors in Business from the University of Technology Sydney.
The Crown Rate Reducer is available for loans of up to $1,000,000, but it’s also possible to take advantage of the Rate Reducer interest rate discount across multiple loans that qualify (up to a maximum total of $2.5 million of loans per customer). Suitable for residential loans only, the Crown Rate Reducer can be used to purchase an owner-occupied home or to finance an investment purchase.
Standout features of the loan include a 100% offset account to minimise interest repayments, the ability to make extra payments to pay down your loan ahead of schedule, and a free redraw facility so you can access the additional funds you pay towards your loan.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Crown Rate Reducer?
- Loan amount. The Crown Rate Reducer is available for loan amounts of between $300,000 and $1,000,000.
- Maximum loan-to-value ratio (LVR). The loan allows you to borrow up to 80% of the property's purchase price, but if you borrow more than 80% LVR you will also need to pay for lender's mortgage insurance.
- Repayments. Repayments towards your Crown Rate Reducer home loan can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly. Extra payments can also be made without incurring a penalty, allowing you to pay your debt off quicker.
- Redraw facility. The Crown Rate Reducer features a free redraw facility when you need to access the funds you have paid towards your loan. Redraws can be made via phone or email.
- Offset account. A 100% offset account is included with the Crown Rate Reducer home loan package to allow you to minimise your interest repayments.
- Loan split. The Crown Rate Reducer features a loan split option if you would also like to take advantage of the benefits of a fixed interest rate.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Application fee: $660. This fee covers the administrative costs associated with establishing your loan.
- Legal fee: $400. This fee covers the legal costs Crown Money Management incurs when setting up your loan.
- Valuation fee: $302.50. This fee covers the cost of having your property professionally valued.
- Annual service fee: $395. To access the rate discount of the Crown Rate Reducer, you'll need to pay this annual fee.
- Discharge fee: $535. The exit fee is payable when you discharge your loan.
How to apply
If you'd like to find out more information about the features and benefits of the Crown Rate Reducer, click the "Go to site" link on this page to be redirected to the Crown Money Management website. You can then get in touch with the lender via phone or email to determine whether the Crown Rate Reducer is the right home loan for you.
If you decide to apply for this loan, you'll need to supply:
- Your personal details. Your full name, address, phone number and proof of ID will be required.
- Loan purpose. You will need to specify whether the loan will be used to buy an owner-occupied home or take control of your investment debt.
- Details of your income. You'll need payslips and tax returns to provide evidence of your income and employment.
- Details of your assets. Provide details of any assets you own, including savings, shares, and other property.
- Details of your expenses. If you have other outstanding loans or credit card debt, detail these during your application.
- Property details. You'll need to provide the address of the property and the purchase price.
The Crown Rate Reducer is worth enquiring about if you're in the market for a home loan with a competitive rate and a host of flexible features. Compare it with a range of other mortgages to find the best loan for your borrowing requirements.