Get the best in credit reporting and protection for all your business dealings in Tasmania with Tasmanian Collection Service.
Credit reporting agencies collect the credit history and credit ratings of individuals and businesses from lending institutions, collection agencies, and public record. The Tasmanian Collection Service provides credit reports and credit protection for individuals and businesses in Tasmania, and are one of the premier agencies in Tasmania. The agency’s services are ideal for helping Tasmanians stay informed about their finances and their credit. Find out more about its services and products here.
Who are the Tasmanian Collection Service?
Tasmanian Collection Service is a credit agency specialising in protecting the credit score of its customers; namely, individuals and businesses trading in Tasmania. It aims to provide tools and services to help businesses and individuals keep a good credit rating through credit reporting, account management and recovery, and credit protection. They also publish the TCS Trade Gazette fortnightly; a credit publication that aims to help TCS clients stay up-to-date of any pertinent commercial information.
The agency prides itself in being an industry leader unparalleled in customer service and knowledgeable expertise, and currently have three convenient locations within Tasmania with headquarters in Hobart, and offices in Launceston and Burnie also.
As the Tasmanian Collection Service is the premier credit reporting agency in Tasmania, so it has the most extensive credit database in concern to Tasmanian citizens and businesses. This means that requesting a credit report through the Tasmanian Collection Service is straightforward and quick, and all according to 1988 Australian Privacy Act.
What credit reporting services does Tasmanian Collection Service offer?
The Tasmanian Collection Service provides several varying credit reporting services for its clients at a competitive low price.
- Credit reports. As an individual in Tasmania you can order your personal credit report through the Tasmanian Collection Service. You must have proper permission to run a credit check on an individual or business, and be registered with the Tasmanian Collection Service, before you can access the credit report. If you have the proper permission from the respective party, then you can order a credit report on an individual person, or on a registered company or business.
- Business reports. Separate from ordering a credit report on a business, you can get the most current and relevant commercial information on a particular business or industry through the Tasmanian Collection Service’s TCS Trade Gazette. The publication provides an up-to-date record of any legal proceedings, changes in business proprietorship or ownership, and bankruptcy records.
- Trade referencing. Trade referencing is a form of business reporting, but it provides a more in-depth look into the business that may be applying for credit from you. Trade referencing will look directly at credit history of the board of directors of the company, along as the company as a whole.
How to read a credit report from Tasmanian Collection Service
While ordering a credit report is relatively simple, understanding how to read one can be overwhelming and complex. Knowing where the main data that you will need is key, as shown below:
- Name and details. Depending on the type of credit report that you get (individual vs business), the name and details of the credit applicant will vary, but you will always be able to find the name of the applicant at the top of the report. Pertinent details for businesses (registration date, addresses, etc.) and individuals (date of birth, gender, addresses, aliases, etc.) will be found in the section directly underneath.
- Credit record. Again, this varies depending on if the report is on a business or individual. You will receive information on an individual’s consumer and commercial record, but will only receive the commercial record for a company. This information is found below the personal or commercial details of the applicant.
- Public record. This data can be found in the commercial record of the applicant, and will contain any general information about the individual or business including licences, proprietorships, legal actions, and securities.
What other services does it provide?
The Tasmanian Collection Service provides several other services in holding with its aim to go above and beyond credit reporting and provide businesses and individuals with the best credit and debt-related services. It provides:
- Debt collection. Tasmanian Collection Service has a results-driven focus when it comes to collecting debt on behalf of your business; if it cannot give you a result, then you will not have to pay them a commission. The agency has experienced professionals looking to help your business manage debt and any outstanding accounts owed to you, and will recommend legal action if it is needed.
- Account management. The agency has a specialised division of Independent Account Managers that will aid with management an account as soon as it is due up to a period of 60 days. These Account Managers are not collecting on a debt but aim to manage an account to where it will not need to be collected upon.
- Subscriber facilities. If you subscribe to the Tasmanian Collection Service’s website, you will have access to its online features such as instant access to individual and business credit reports, request account management services and view the process and latest information on your debts being managed or collected on.
- Other services. The Tasmanian Collection Service also provides credit policy advice, trade referencing, business name and company search, lands title search, and other reports and searches.
Credit checks and industry reports are an integral part of running a business, and managing and collecting on debts can be overwhelming without the support of a well-known, experienced credit reporting and collections agency like the Tasmanian Collection Service. The agency is an industry leader in Tasmania, with a comprehensive database of Tasmanian citizens and businesses, so you can be confident that you are working with a reputable, qualified agency if you choose to work with the Tasmanian Collection Service.
What are some of the features and benefits Tasmanian Collection Service offer with their products?
The Tasmanian Collection Service provides many services that go beyond just debt collection and account management or credit reporting. Having such a wide range of services means that the Tasmanian Collection Service is well-versed in the credit industry. The agency also offers credit reports at a competitively low price to ensure that you are not paying a premium for these types of essential reports. With an online forum and database for subscribers to manage, view, and request account services, the Tasmanian Collection Service proves its commitment to a fast, and streamlined result.
What are the benefits and drawbacks of the Tasmanian Collection Service?
- Extensive credit reporting. As the Tasmanian Collection Service has one of the most extensive credit databases available on Tasmanian individuals and businesses, you can be confident that you will be able to find the information that you need to make decisions to help your business avoid debt and other potential risks.
- Instant access. The Tasmanian Collection Service will provide you with immediate access to the credit information that you need for your business. They require proper authorisation from the individual or company that you are requesting the report on; as a subscriber, you can check the status of reports, along with other account services, on the Tasmanian Collection Service’s online database.
- Cost-saving. Being aware of the credit history of a potential client can save your business money as it will be an accurate way to ensure that you will have your investment paid back to you. Credit reports can get expensive, but the Tasmanian Collection Service offers reports at a competitively low price of $5.50 each to begin.
- Results aren't guaranteed. Though the Tasmanian Collection Service is results-driven and has a great, and proven, track record, they cannot guarantee results.
- Only available to Tasmanians. Its services aren't available Australia-wide.
Finding a credit reporting agency that is focused on providing the best results possible can be challenging. The Tasmanian Collection Service aims to be a customer-centric, results-driven, and experienced agency providing top quality credit reporting, debt collection, account management, and other services to aid businesses in making important decisions. With an extensive credit database concerning the Tasmanian population, you will be able to find the reports you need for your business to settle or collect debts, manage overdue accounts, and find a quick resolution.