Learn more about one of Australia's leading credit reporting company. Dun and Bradstreet offers debt collecting, sales and marketing data and credit reports.
A credit reporting agency is a company that collects information on commercial and consumer credit reports and analyses the company or consumer based on their findings. Dun and Bradstreet is a leading source for these credit reports and provides their you with important information regarding their credit history, payment analysis, and consumer identities.
Who are Dun and Bradstreet?
Dun and Bradstreet, one of the world’s top sources of commercial information, has been operating in Australia since 1887, but the worldwide company was originally established in 1841. The Australian branch of Dun and Bradstreet employs over 600 people and operates in six regional offices. It also holds information on over three million businesses.
The company’s database provides you with important commercial information to help businesses make decisions. Dun and Bradstreet provide its customers with credit reports, sales and marketing data and debt collecting. Its service allows customers to assess the risk of doing business with certain people or companies and make decisions based on those facts.
What credit reporting services do Dun and Bradstreet offer?
Dun and Bradstreet allow you to reduce your risk by helping you run credit checks on prospective business customers. This helps you to make informed business decisions instead of going blind into a business agreement. Dun and Bradstreet offers both consumer credit reports and commercial reports, risk outlook reports worldwide and other credit services as well.
- Credit reports: The commercial reports service allows Dun and Bradstreet customers to gain information that can help them confirm a business’s existence through financial analysis. The business reports are available on a subscription basis or through a casual user outlet and can range from a Business Name Extract to a full D&B Report. The consumer reports allow access to Public Record Enquiries, Application Score Enquiries and everything in between. You can access information that can confirm a customer’s identity or access a credit recommendation. Due to Australian privacy laws, this service is only available through a subscription.
- Identity verification: This service can be available to businesses or individuals. It allows you to confirm identities electronically through databases and will also tell you if a business is operational and if it has had any negative events associated with it.
- D&B ratings: These ratings let businesses know how creditors see their company. Businesses can complete a form through D&B to see their rating and they can also update their details to make sure creditors are viewing the most recent information.
- Personal reports: You can see their personal credit files through this service. Individuals can manage their credit report easily in order to apply for credit cards or loans.
- Risk reports: These reports provide data like payment trends, risk analysis, and economic forecasts of businesses throughout the world. This lets you check out companies to see if they’re worth doing business with.
How to read a credit report from Dun and Bradstreet
A credit report from Dun and Bradstreet is broken up into five parts in order to make it easy to read.
- Identification and summary. This section lists comprehensive information regarding the company including the name, address, telephone numbers, and other pertinent identification information. This section also has a risk assessment summary.
- Credit and risk analysis. In this section, you'll find detailed credit information of the business in question. There are charts and graphs regarding things like delinquency, trade payment analysis, and a list of past enquiries.
- History and operations. Here you'll find detailed information regarding the company’s registration, the executives and their background, employee history, the company’s trading styles, and information on their overall operations.
- Finance. This section of the report lists financial information on the business including net profits, yearly revenues, financial statements, and an analysis of the company’s overall finances.
- Appendices. The final section has explanations of the report including a list of sources used to compile the report.
What other services do they provide?
Besides comprehensive credit reports for individuals and businesses, Dun and Bradstreet also offer services regarding sales and marketing and debt collection.
The company’s sales and marketing services look to help businesses increase their revenue through different marketing tools and solutions. The debt collection services help businesses collect outstanding payments, allow debtors to pay off debts, and help companies find their debtors.
- Sales and marketing. Dun and Bradstreet use company data to help businesses find marketing solutions to increase their sales. They analyse marketable business records to give a company a different perspective on their operations.
- Customer relationship management. This service looks to boost a company’s immediate sales and help develop better customer relations. D&B will give a company information on their current customers so they can see who they’re attracting and how to narrow down their target audience to grow their customer base.
- Sales intelligence and management. Sales intelligence makes it easier for a sales team to identify opportunities for improving sales. D&B uses two techniques known as Company360 and Global Reference System (GRS) to help sales teams improve.
- Company360 and GRS. Both of these systems offer in-depth information on businesses worldwide. This can help a sales team do peer analyses to get a better advantage on the competition or help them build a marketing list for B2B purposes.
- Market insight. As a business owner, you can turn your data into actual marketing tools. D&B’s service can help you understand your customers on different levels, use third-party data for information on customers, identify prospective customers, increase revenue, and help sales teams utilise marketing tools.
- Debt collection. This service helps companies collect outstanding debts from customers who fell delinquent. Companies can also monitor the progress of the collection, view updated accounts, and create status reports for their records.
- Debtors finding. Using this service, companies can find debtors who may be hard to get a hold of. This allows companies to collect losses and close the accounts. You can also profile your debtors as a way to avoid future debtors.
- Debtor payments. D&B also offers debtors a way to pay their debts through an online payment centre via credit card.
What are some of the features and benefits Dun and Bradstreet offer with their products?
The company has also been in business in Australia since 1887 and since then have been providing customers with top quality business information and related services. Their longevity in the industry proves to customers that they’re dealing with a reliable business that knows what they’re doing.
Dun and Bradstreet’s available services are also one of the reasons to conduct business with them. It offers sales and marketing tools, debt collection services, and credit reporting services all through their comprehensive databases and analytical tools. Customers can choose to use services on a subscription basis, too.
Pros and cons to consider with Dun and Bradstreet
- Commercial and private reports are available. Dun and Bradstreet can provide customers with credit reports for both businesses and individual people. This can allow companies to check potential customers and vice versa. It can also allow companies to check out their competition.
- Risk assessments. The credit reporting agency also provides customers with risk assessments for businesses so customers can make informed business decisions before entering into any deals.
- Comprehensive reports. All credit reports produced by Dun and Bradstreet are comprehensive and easy to understand. They provide the most complete information for the business or individual in question and present it in a way that is well organised and easy to understand.
- Possible subscription needed. While some of the services provided by Dun and Bradstreet are available for casual users some of the more detailed services can only be utilised by purchasing a subscription to D&B’s service. This isn’t ideal for those researching information for a single instance.
Dun and Bradstreet is a leading agency that has been providing Australian businesses and individuals with quality service since 1887. Their credit reporting, marketing tools, and debt collection services are available for personal and commercial use as a way to help their customers get a better understanding of company and personal data.