Woolworths Employees Credit Union (WECU) Credit Cards
Choose a low rate Visa credit card that provides you with a convenient access to funds and control over your account with a detailed record of every transaction.
Woolworths Employees Credit Union (WECU) offers an alternative to banks and other financial institutions, providing products with competitive rates, minimal fees and prioritising customer service. The difference of being part of a credit union is you have equal part ownership with other members, with profits being channeled back into the credit union to improve its products and services. Membership is exclusive to all employees or retired employees of the Woolworths (Aust) limited group of companies and to family members. See below for a review and comparison on the credit card the Woolworths Employees Credit Union offers.
Comparison of Woolworths Employees Credit Union Credit Card
Comparing the types of WECU Credit Cards
WECU offers one Low rate Visa credit card, granting you easy access to cash at a low interest rate with up to 55 interest free days on purchases.
Low rate credit card
Low interest rate credit cards typically provide a lower rate of interest allowing you to spend and make purchases at lower interest repayments.
The benefits of banking with WECU
WECU Credit Cards come with the following benefits:
Credit union membership
Being part of the Woolworths Employees Credit Union means you have equal part ownership in the company, giving you access to competitive products and personalised service.
Visa provides access to ATM’s and cash providing you with worldwide recognition, from over 2.1 million ATM’s in more than 200 countries worldwide.
WECU channels its profits back into its members to improve its products and services, providing competitive rates and features.
Allows you to access and manage your account anytime, online and through the phone.
How to apply for Woolworths Employees CU credit cards
If you would like to apply for a Woolworths Employees CU credit card, the following application requirements need to be met.
Information needed for a WECU credit card application
- Member number - Your member number with WECU.
- Personal information - WECU needs to know your name, residential address, license number, email and dependents.
- Employment details - Information about your employment status, current and previous employer will be required.
- Expenses and liabilities - Information about debt such as mortgage, rent, board and credit cards will be required from WECU.
- Personal references - Two personal references are required who are not living with you.
What happens next when applying for a WECU card?
A reference number will be generated upon application completion, in case you need to make any enquiries. A staff member will contact you shortly after completing the application. Generally WECU will inform you whether you have been approved within 48 hours.
Frequently asked questions
We have provided responses to the following popular inquiries that people have placed with the WECU. Please ‘Ask a Question’ in the box at the bottom if you still have any enquiries.
The telephone banking number is 1300 366 767.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.