Compare feature packed low rate and platinum Mastercards for Queenslanders
Queenslanders Credit Union is a popular and trusted name in Queensland banking. This financial institution is owned by its members — the customers. Apply and get approved for a Queenslanders Credit Union credit card and not only do you get a Mastercard credit card, you also get a share of the business and a say in how the credit union is run.
Credit cards, insurance, accounts, loans and more, Queenslanders Credit Union is a full service credit union. Choose between two credit cards: a low rate and a platinum Mastercard. Both cards offer a lot for what they charge. The low rate Mastercard comes with a couple of purchase insurances to protect items you buy with your Mastercard. This is a welcome but unusual inclusion for a type of product that is usually seen as just a cheap way to make purchases. We’ve put Queenslanders Credit Union credit cards side by side with credit cards from other providers so you can compare offers to find yourself the card that matches your needs.
Comparison of Queenslanders Credit Cards
What are the types of Queenslanders Credit Union credit cards?
Queenslanders Credit Union offer two credit cards. The low rate credit card gives you an inexpensive way to make card purchases, the platinum credit card offers rewards and insurance. Compare Queenslanders Credit Union credit cards by card type to see how their low rate and platinum credit card stack up against the rest of the market.
Low rate credit cards
Ideal if you end up carrying a balance from month to month, compare low rate credit cards by the annual fee and the number of interest free days on offer. Interest free days don’t apply if you’re carrying a balance — like if you took up the 0% p.a. for 12 month balance transfer offer on the Queenslanders Credit Union Low Rate Mastercard for example — interest is charged right away. Low rate credit cards are cheap to use compared to a platinum or frequent flyer credit card. If interest is charged, you won’t pay as much.
Platinum credit cards
Do you want a little extra and don’t mind paying for it? Compare platinum credit cards. Although you’ll find the interest rates and annual fee are higher than other products, these cards usually reward you with points when you spend as have the full suite of insurance covers. The annual fee is the main consideration. Platinum credit cards also generally come with interest free days, you can avoid paying the purchase rate if you clear your balance at the end of the month. These cards works well if you’re disciplined about how you use your card.
The benefits of banking with Queenslanders Credit Union
There are some pretty good reasons to bank with the Queenslanders Credit Union.
Queenslanders Credit Union NetBanking
Queensland is a big state, don’t waste your time driving to a branch. Make payments, view statements and keep track of your finances from the comfort of your home by using Queenslanders Credit Union NetBanking. Manage your Queenslanders Credit Union credit card at the touch of a button anytime of the day from anywhere in the world.
Free ATM withdrawals — rediATM network
Use your Queenslanders Credit Union Mastercard at any rediATM in Australia for free. There are over 3,000 rediATMs across Australia, rediATM are one of the nation’s largest ATM networks.
The credit union difference
Queenslanders Credit Union really is a financial institution for Queenslanders owned by Queenslanders. Because the credit union is owned by its customers not shareholders, any profit comes back to members in the form of products with lower rates and fees and more value adding features.
How to apply for a Queenslanders Credit Union credit card
Apply for a Queenslanders Credit Union credit card online or in person by visiting a branch. The online application is a simple process that only takes about 10-15 minutes to complete. You will need payslips and a valid form of identification like a driver’s licence to complete the online application; however, you can also verify your identity after the application has been submitted.
Information needed for a Queenslanders Credit Union credit card application
As well as identification and payslips, you’ll need to provide information about the following to complete the online application.
- Personal details. Basic personal information is required to complete a Queenslanders Credit Union credit card application. You have the option of providing your driver’s licence number to verify your identity when you apply. If you don’t enter it, or you don’t have a driver’s licence, you’ll need to verify your identity using another form of I.D after you submit the application (see what happens next). You will also need to give information about a friend who is not living with you to help Queenslanders Credit Union find you if you can’t be contacted after submitting the application. If you wish to apply for an additional cardholder, have the details of the supplementary cardholder on hand as well.
- Financial information. Select your occupation and your industry and enter your employer’s contact information. Also having information about your income and personal expenses on hand. There’s space to list your gross salary and other gross income as well as your share of ongoing expenses, like food and rent for example. If you want to take up the Queenslanders Credit Union balance transfer offer, have the details of the account(s) you wish to transfer from ready. If you have other loans, you will need to enter the outstanding balance and your monthly repayments too.
What happens next?
Once you’ve completed the Queenslanders Credit Union credit card application you may need to verify your identity if you were unable to provide sufficient identification during the application. This can be done by faxing, uploading scanning and emailing or mailing a copy of your driver’s licence, proof of address (utility bill), passport or medicare card. And you also need to verify your income. Provide your two months payslips or tax returns, your employment contract or your superannuation fund statement. Once these documents have been received, your application can be processed and you should have your credit card within 7-14 business days.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have a question about Queenslanders Credit Union credit cards? Check out the FAQs for an answer. If you want to get in touch with a finder.com.au team member, ask us a question using the form below.
How do I do a balance transfer?
To take advantage of the money saving balance transfer offer on Queenslander Credit Union credit card, you need to enter the details of the accounts you wish to include in a balance transfer when you first apply for the credit card. You can transfer form up to four non-Queenslander Credit Union store cards, charge cards or credit cards.
There are some things you should be aware of when you transfer a balance. Keep the following in mind:
- Although you can transfer form up to four non-Queenslanders Credit Union card, the maximum balance transfer amount is up to of your credit limit on your Queenslanders Credit Union credit card.
- The order you enter the accounts on to the application is the order they will be processed by the credit union.
- At the end of the balance transfer promotional period, any balance transfer balance you have not paid back will be charged at the cash advance rate of interest.
- You don't get any interest-free days on purchases if you’re paying back a balance transfer balance over a number of months.
- It’s your responsibility to close any old accounts once the balance transfer has been processed.
Once your application for a Queenslanders Credit Union credit card has been approved, you balance transfer request will be automatically processed.
What is my credit limit?
The credit limit on your Queenslanders Credit Union credit card is based on how much you earn and the size of your ongoing expenses. When you apply, you can elect to get the maximum credit limit available to you or you can choose a specific credit limit.
You can increase your credit limit by contacting the credit union any time after you’ve activated your credit card. Conditions may apply.
How do I get ‘up to’ interest-free days?
‘Up to’ interest-free days is a credit card feature that allows you to make interest free purchases when you pay your balance off in full when your statement is issued. To get interest-free days on Queenslander Credit Union credit cards make sure you pay your card balance in full for two consecutive months.
Interest free days do not apply if you carry out a cash transaction like withdrawing cash. And interest free days do not apply if you’re carrying a balance transfer balance on your credit card.
What’s the minimum repayment on my Queenslander Credit Union credit card?
Every credit card has a minimum amount you must pay off your outstanding balance each month. This is known as the minimum monthly repayment. The minimum monthly repayment is displayed on your Queenslanders Credit Union credit card statement. The statement also shows you how long it will take to clear your balance if you only make the minimum repayment — sometimes it can take years to clear your balance.
The minimum repayment is usually a small percentage of your total outstanding balance or a dollar amount. For example 2.00% of your total balance or $30, whichever is greater. If you fail to make the minimum repayment on time, you will be charged a late payment fee and it may impact your credit file.
How can I make a repayment to my Queenslander Credit Union credit card?
Have a look at your Queenslander Credit Union credit card statement for detailed information about how to make a repayment. You can make a payment to your credit card using these methods:
- At a branch. Pay your credit card in person by visiting a Queenslanders Credit Union branch. There are bricks and mortar locations around Brisbane, Ipswich and Townsville.
- BPAY. Log on to your non-Queenslanders Credit Union internet banking facility banking and pay your credit card using BPAY. The BPAY biller code is shown on your statement and the customer reference number is the 16 digit Queenslanders Credit Union credit card number.
- EFT. You can also carry out a bank to bank transfer if you have a Queenslander Credit Union transaction account. The BSB is 804-059.
- Bank@Post. You can also pay your credit card at an Australia Post retail outlet using Bank@Post.
- By cheque. Send a cheque to the Queenslanders Credit Union postal address to make a payment to your credit card. This information is provided on your credit card statement.
How do I get a second card for a family member?
If you would like to get a supplementary Queenslanders Credit Union credit card for a family member, you can add an additional card to your account when you first apply for the credit card. You can also add an additional card to an existing Queenslanders Credit Union account by completing an additional cardholder form.
Remember that the primary cardholder is liable for all spending on the additional cards, and the credit limit is shared between all supplementary cards. The additional cardholder must be over the age of 16.
How do I register for NetBanking?
Online banking is a great way to manage your credit card without actually having to visit a branch. You can make payments, view statements and keep on eye on your account anywhere in the world at any time of the day so long as you’re connected to the internet.
To register your Queenslander Credit Union credit card for NetBanking call the credit union on 1800 177 278 or complete the form for NetBanking registration on the Queenslander Credit Union website.
How do I activate the complimentary insurance on my Queenslander Credit Union Platinum Mastercard?
If you’re a Platinum Mastercard account holder, you’re eligible to receive complimentary international travel insurance when you charge the cost of your overseas travel ticket to your account. You’re also eligible for cover if you purchase your overseas travel ticket through the Card Services Take Flight Program.
Your spouse and dependent children are also eligible for cover if their tickets were purchased using the above methods and they’re travelling with your for the entire length of your journey.
Once the activation requirements have been met, the cover is automatically applied and starts when you depart the country.