Are you looking for a credit union that offers a low rate or platinum Mastercard? Well, Pulse Credit Union does.
Comparison of Pulse Credit Union Credit Cards
Types of credit cards that Pulse Credit Union offers
Pulse Credit Union offers two MyCard Mastercard alternatives from which to choose, and these are cards meant especially for credit union members across Australia.
Low rate credit cards
If you’re not someone who uses rewards you should consider getting a low rate card, one that offers a low interest rate. The Low Rate MyCard Mastercard gives you the ability to use your card just about anywhere in the world, at EFTPOS terminals and at ATMs. You can get up to 55 interest free days on purchases, you can apply for additional cards, and you get complimentary purchase cover.
Learn more about low rate credit cards
Platinum credit cards
Platinum cards tend to come with some kind of a rewards program which rewards you in accordance to how much you spend. In addition to offering cardholders the ability to earn and redeem reward points, the Platinum MyCard Mastercard comes with various complimentary insurance covers suited for frequent travellers. This card also gives cardholders access to a round-the-clock concierge service. When used in the right manner, you can avail of up to 55 interest free days on purchases.Learn more about platinum credit cards
Benefits of Pulse Credit Union credit cards
Banking with a credit union comes with a number of benefits, and getting a credit card through Pulse Credit Union is no different. Here’s what you can look forward to when you use the low rate or platinum Mastercard.
Complimentary insurance covers
If you use a low rate Mastercard you get additional peace of mind through its guaranteed pricing scheme and purchase cover insurance. The platinum credit card also offers these, as well as extended warranty insurance, interstate flight insurance, international travel insurance, and transit accident insurance.
Both these credit cards come with multiple layers of security to ensure you have a secure shopping experience. They make use of chip technology, which is a considerable step up when compared to cards that still rely on magnetic strips. Fraudshield is in place to detect irregular transactions, and should one occur, you receive a phone call on your registered phone number immediately.
This service allows you to set up direct debits using any Australian bank account, and this takes away the hassle of having to remember making repayments each month.
When you log in to your MyCard Mastercard account online you can access My Offers which gives you numerous offers from which to choose. These can include credit card upgrades, credit limit increases, and balance transfer offers.
Free card replacement
You can look forward to a free replacement card in the event of a damaged, lost, or stolen card.
How to apply for a Pulse Credit Union credit card?
You can apply for a Pulse Credit Union credit card by visiting any of its branches or begin the process over the phone. To apply through the Pulse Credit Union website simply click on the ‘Go to Site’ button next to details of the credit card you choose. You have to meet the following eligibility criteria for the credit card provider to consider your application.
- You’re aged over 18 years
- You’re a permanent resident of Australia
- You don’t have bad credit history
Completing the application requires that you provide different kinds of information, which includes the following.
- Personal details. These include your name, contact details, driver’s license number, marital status, and number of dependents.
- Employment details. Provide details about your occupation, industry, and employment status, along with your employer’s name and contact details.
- Financial information. This includes information surrounding your income, expenses, assets, and liabilities, and this information remains subject to verification. Income refers to income from all sources; expenses include living expenses and any other recurrent expenses; assets can include real estate, vehicles, and investments; and liabilities comprise all your existing loans, credit cards, store cards, and overdrafts.
Along with your application you have to provide proof of income, assets, and debts, so prepare to part with the following.
- Copies of last two payslips and a letter from your employer that confirms your income and employment status
- Self-employed individuals should provide profit and loss statements along with tax returns for the last two years
- Recent rent receipts or home loan statements
- Recent statements of other existing debts
- Copies of existing home and auto insurance policies
If the credit card provider requires any additional information after reviewing your application you can expect a phone call. Your employer’s payroll department receives an income verification call as part of the process. If you’re not a Pulse Credit Union member you have to become one in order to receive your card. New members have to go through a legally mandated identity verification process.
Frequently asked questions
Here are answers to questions that people commonly ask about Pulse Credit Union credit cards, and you can use the form at the end of the page to leave a question.