Unity Bank Credit Cards
Apart from giving you easy access to funds, the Unity Bank Visa credit card comes with a special introductory interest rate.
Formerly known as Maritime, Mining & Power Credit Union (MMPCU), Unity Bank Limited began operations in 1970, in the form of Maritime Workers of Australia Credit Union. Its current name came into effect in 2008, after a merger with Power Credit Union. While this credit union previously offered its services only to maritime industry employees and their family members, over time it accepted members from mining and power industries as well as local communities. In 2010, Gosford City Credit Union and Reliance Bank is a division of Unity Bank Limited. This credit union offers its members an array of financial services and products, which include a Visa credit card.
Comparing the Unity Bank Credit Card
Types of credit cards that Unity Bank offers
Unity Bank offers a credit card that gives you easy access to funds and flexible repayment options, and while this is the only card that this credit union offers, it comes with a number of useful features.
Low rate credit cards
A low rate card, in addition to a low interest rate, can offer other features, although these tend to vary from one card to the next. The Visa credit card that you can get through Unity Bank charges the same low rate for purchases and cash advances and this is not something you find with most credit cards. This card comes with an introductory rate, and you don’t have to pay an annual fee in the first year. You can also look forward to as many as 55 interest free days on purchases.
Benefits of Unity Bank credit cards
Getting a credit card through the Unity Bank comes with a number of benefits, and here’s what you can expect.
Interest free days with a difference
With most credit cards you have to pay your balances in full each month to avail of interest free days on purchases, but the Unity Bank credit card works differently. With this card, your outstanding amount notwithstanding, you get up to 55 interest free days on all purchases.
Annual fee waiver
Apply before a given date and look forward to a waiver of the first year’s annual fee. If you have the All in One Home Loan with Unity Bank, the annual fee does not apply at all.
This low rate card offers an even lower introductory rate that stays in place for the first six months. While this introductory rate applies on purchases, you can also use it to transfer balances from existing credit cards and store cards.
More than 24 million merchants in around 220 countries accept Visa as a form of payment so you can use your Visa credit card just about anywhere. You can use any ATM that displays the Visa logo to withdraw cash. Your card also gives you the convenience to make online and phone transactions, whether it’s to shop or to pay bills.
Unity Bank offers compatibility with all 3 major digital wallets: Google Pay, Samsung Pay and Apple Pay, which allows you to make contactless payments with your eligible smartphone or wearable device at the checkout.
How to apply for an Unity Bank credit card
You can apply for an Unity Bank credit card by visiting a branch or you can request a callback from an Unity Bank specialist. You have the option to download an application and you can also complete one online. To get started with an online application, simply click on the ‘Go to Site’ button located next to the credit card’s details. Before you begin with the application, establish that you meet the following eligibility criteria.
- You are aged over 18 years
- You are an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia
- You have good credit history
- You have a steady source of income
- Personal details. These include your complete name, date of birth, marital status, number of dependents, and driver’s license number.
- Contact details. These include your home address, email address, phone number, and the most convenient time to call.
- Employment details. This section requires you to enter your occupation, employment status, employer’s name, employment address, and length of employment.
- Income. Provide details of income from all sources.
- Monthly expenses. Provide details about rent, mortgage payments, loan payments, credit card payments, and other ongoing expenses for food, bills, transportation, and so on.
- Assets. Assets include equity in home, vehicles, household goods, savings, term deposits, and superannuation.
After you submit your application you receive a reference number that you can use to track your application, and an Unity Bank rep should contact you within 48 hours. Unity Bank, in all likelihood, would call your employer to carry out a routine income verification process.
Upon approval, if you’re not an existing Unity Bank member you’ll have to become one before receiving your card. You’ll also have to complete an identity verification process, as mandated by the Australian government, and this might require you to visit an Unity Bank branch.
Frequently asked questions
Given below are answers to questions that people commonly ask about Unity Bank credit cards. You can use the form at the end of the page to ask a question.
Image: Unity BankBack to top
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.