McGrath Credit Cards
Enjoy convenient spending while your annual fee contributes to a worthwhile cause
The McGrath Foundation works towards raising money for funding McGrath Breast Care Nurses across Australia and for creating awareness amongst young Australians, particularly women. Jane McGrath founded the McGrath Foundation in 2002, and this organisation now rates as the nation’s leading breast cancer support foundation. It has, through over 100 McGrath Breast Care Nurses, already provided support to more than 33,000 Australian families, with many more to follow suit. The McGrath Foundation, in association with Community First Credit Union, offers a Visa credit card and Visa debit card. This credit union has more than 70,000 members and offers its services through 11 financial services stores spread across Sydney and the Central Coast region.
McGrath Foundation credit cards
Types of credit cards offered by McGrath Foundation
If you’re thinking about getting a McGrath credit card, while you don’t have much in terms of different options, the low rate Visa card that is available comes with various useful features.
Low rate credit cards
A low rate card can prove to be particularly beneficial if you don’t pay your outstanding balances in full each month. With the McGrath Pink Visa Card, apart from enjoying a low ongoing rate, you can get up to 55 interest-free days on purchases. In addition, the interest this card charges on cash advances and balance transfers is the same as the interest on purchases. You can use this card to transfer balances from existing credit cards.
Benefits of getting a McGrath credit card
When you get a McGrath credit card through Community First Credit Union, you get to enjoy the benefits of banking with a member-owned financial institution. Getting the McGrath Pink Visa Card come with numerous benefits.
Contribute towards the McGrath Foundation
This card charges a nominal annual fee, but half your annual fee goes to the McGrath Foundation every year. The money raised goes towards placing nurses to support women with breast cancer along with their families.
Use your card globally
The credit card offered by McGrath is a Visa card, meaning it finds global acceptance. Look forward to using your card anywhere that carries the Visa logo, including in-store in over 200 countries worldwide.
Visa benefits aren't limited to the global usage of this card. The McGrath Pink Visa Card makes use of payWave technology, so you can look forward to quicker check-outs by making contactless payments of under $100. When you use this credit card to make online transactions, Verified by Visa works by assessing the risk of each transaction, providing an extra layer of security. The Visa Zero Liability policy also works to protect cardholders against unauthorised and fraudulent transactions.
Applying for a McGrath credit card
You can apply for a McGrath credit card online. You can also apply by visiting your nearest Community First financial services store. If you wish to apply online, click on the ‘Go to Site’ button when it's located next to the credit card’s details.
- You’re an Australian citizen or a permanent Australian resident
- You’re at least 18 years old
- You’re not bankrupt
- You have good credit history
- Personal. A variety of personal information is required in your application. Details such as your name, contact details and driver's licence number will need to be provided.
- Work. You'll need to indicate your current place of work, your employment status and the name and contact details of your employer. You’ll also have to mention the duration of employment with your current employer.
- Financial. Financial information includes your income, expenses, assets, and liabilities.
What happens after submitting your application
Once you submit your application, a Community First representative might get in touch with you to collect additional information. Upon approval, you get a phone call on your preferred contact number. Non-members have to apply for Community First membership to get their McGrath credit cards, and this requires going through a legally mandated identity verification process.
Frequently asked questions
Have a question about McGrath's credit cards that aren't answered on the page above? Check the section below. If you want to ask another question, you can ask a member of the finder.com.au team by using the form at the end of this page.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.