Comtax Credit Union’s mission is to be a “responsible and generous provider of financial solutions”, focusing to put its members and staff first.
Merger with SCU
Comtax Credit Union merged with Sydney Credit Union in 2018. This page has been kept for historical purposes.
Types of Comtax CU credit cards
Low rate credit card
Comtax Credit Union provides a low rate credit card solution for minimising your credit card balance, with a competitive variable interest rate and up to 55 days interest free on purchases.
The benefits of banking with Comtax CU
The benefits of a Comtax CU credit card include:
Mutual banking benefits
Being a member of a mutual bank means that you have a share of the company. Mutual banks are different to banks in the way it puts profits back into the company to better its members in the form of more competitive interest rates, fees and other benefits.
All deposits made with Comtax CU are guaranteed with the Australian Federal Government of up to $250,000.
Members with deposits greater than $250,000 also have access to a range of options to guarantee their savings.
Comtax CU supports a range of worthwhile causes including Surf Life Saving (Coogee Club), school scholarships, Australia's Biggest Morning Tea - Cancer Council, Red Nose Day - SIDS and Pink Ribbon Day.
Paying with Visa payWave means for any purchase under $100 you can just wave and go, saving you valuable time.
How to apply for a Comtax CU credit card
Applying for a credit card with Comtax CU online will take approximately 15 minutes. You can also download a paperwork form from the website to fill out at your own leisure. Please note that only members with SCU can apply for this credit card. To become a member you can subscribe for a member share, applications are completed through the website or at a branch.
To borrow from SCU you must:
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Be an Australian resident
- Have sufficient income to repay the loan
- Have a good credit history
Information needed for a Comtax CU credit card application
- Personal details. Full name, contact details, residential address,
- Employment details. Current employment details
- Financial details. Income, monthly expenses, debts, assets. You may need to provide two current pay slips or a letter from your employer confirming employment status and income. If you are self employed, Comtax CU requires a copy of your previous two years' tax returns or a profit and loss statement.
- Drivers License
- Two current pay slips / Employer letter confirming employment status and income
What happens after I apply?
After completing the application form, an appropriate Comtax CU representative will get in contact with you shortly. A reference number is generated upon application completion, in case you have any inquiries regarding your application quote this number to an authorised representative for assistance.
Frequently asked questions
Please see below for responses to some popular questions in relation to Comtax CU. If you still have any questions please submit a response via the ‘Ask a Question’ box at the bottom of the page.